The Student Room Group

Ocr Gateway Science B b1 c1 p1

How did you find the exam ? Any idea what the grade boundaries will be?
Aaahh, I find it was different from the other years with many trick questions nevertheless, it was still pretty simple :smile:
Imo the grade boundaries will probably be around 35 or 40 for a grade C

Wonder when some unofficial mark schemes will come out
Reply 2
My teacher was saying it is 21 for a C and 32 for a B.
Original post by AaronC98
My teacher was saying it is 21 for a C and 32 for a B.

Wow , that's wayyyy to low. Minimum 27 for a C in this paper
I'm sure grade boundaries will go up due to it being pretty simple

And don't forget your portable stoves coursework mark will be added
Reply 4
I got a B for my coursework I got 36 marks and also I did find this paper fairly easy but physics 6 marker is where fell down big time other than that I found the paper great 😀 and also a C has always been below 25 in the papers I've seen I'm hoping for a B overall in core.
Reply 5
Also does anybody have any revision tips for the 2's which will be on 5th June?
I thought it was pretty easy but I'm annoyed that most of it was maths and common sense than science. You have no idea how much I revised for this paper and hardly any of the topics came up.
Wondering what the chemistry 6 mark question was again, I can't remember it....

I thought the biology 6 mark question was alright and the physics one was not so alright.
Reply 8
Found it v hard except biology which was easy like the q with remote control?and nail varnish?
Reply 9
Original post by ouatislifex
I thought it was pretty easy but I'm annoyed that most of it was maths and common sense than science. You have no idea how much I revised for this paper and hardly any of the topics came up.

Oh my god. I'm so angry about that! I mean, evergthing i spent hours on revising didnt even turn up. Do you know how long it took me to learn about haemoglobin and emulsifiers and heart disease and the eye and learning the electromagnetic spectrum. Everything im best at didnt come up :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by Zain.jiva
Wow , that's wayyyy to low. Minimum 27 for a C in this paper
I'm sure grade boundaries will go up due to it being pretty simple

And don't forget your portable stoves coursework mark will be added

In my mock exams and all the past papers ive done you needed around 23 to get a C, 30 to get a B, 39 for an A and like 46 for an A star. Trust me, the boundaries are usually extremely low! XD Did you do a coursework this year on the body and temperature? I did better in this coursework therefore this one will count for me :smile: what did you get in your coursework?
Original post by Tamzie
In my mock exams and all the past papers ive done you needed around 23 to get a C, 30 to get a B, 39 for an A and like 46 for an A star. Trust me, the boundaries are usually extremely low! XD Did you do a coursework this year on the body and temperature? I did better in this coursework therefore this one will count for me :smile: what did you get in your coursework?

Aahhhh, my teachers up the grade boundaries in our mocks to make sure we have secured a grade. My core science coursework this year was on portable stoves and I did pretty well in it with 43/48
Original post by veganavb
Found it v hard except biology which was easy like the q with remote control?and nail varnish?

What I wrote for the nail varnish question was that the forces between the nail vanish molecules are stronger than the forces between the water and nail varnish;furthermore, forces between water molecules are stronger than forces between water and nail varnish.

I know it's hard to get your head around but i remember it from the revision guide
Reply 13
Original post by Zain.jiva
Aahhhh, my teachers up the grade boundaries in our mocks to make sure we have secured a grade. My core science coursework this year was on portable stoves and I did pretty well in it with 43/48

I think putting the grade boundaries high fod mocks is a good idea as it prepares you more but my set didnt do very well even with the low boundaries. I'm in set 3 and most people got C's and D's. One person got an A. I was lucky enough to get a B in the mocks. Woah 43 is extremely good! Is that an A or A star?
Original post by Tamzie
I think putting the grade boundaries high fod mocks is a good idea as it prepares you more but my set didnt do very well even with the low boundaries. I'm in set 3 and most people got C's and D's. One person got an A. I was lucky enough to get a B in the mocks. Woah 43 is extremely good! Is that an A or A star?

Aha niceee !
I think it's an A* but the teacher didn't say as the official grade boundaries haven't been released.
Yeh Physics for me was the hardest part I messed up on 6 marker because of equation
Reply 16
Original post by AaronC98
Yeh Physics for me was the hardest part I messed up on 6 marker because of equation

What did you get for the 6 marker? I got 30 degrees
Original post by Tamzie
What did you get for the 6 marker? I got 30 degrees

84 degrees I know that was far off but I hope I do get some marks for that question because I did write a bit

Quick Reply

Latest