The Student Room Group

WJEC BY2 Biology AS - 1st June 2015

There are no threads for this exam yet, thought I might as well!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I hope it's better than last year, went into the exam last year and didn't understand most of the paper.
im hoping its like last years i got a b with 0 revision so
Reply 3
Wish I could manage that lol,I got an E...But got an A in BY1 O_o...
Reply 4
Original post by Amarog
Wish I could manage that lol,I got an E...But got an A in BY1 O_o...

Lol how, an A in by1 and an E in by2. You sir really didnt give a damn about by2 last year aha.
by1 is piss compared to by2 though im pretty ****ed for by2 this year because last years was a dream for me
Reply 6
Original post by ronjenkins
by1 is piss compared to by2 though im pretty ****ed for by2 this year because last years was a dream for me

Yeah there's too much content in BY2. And some of it doesn't even come up even after 3 papers. Like the dentition questions. Im more hopeful for BY4 and BY5. I literally started revising them since september, something I did not do for any subjects last year.
Reply 7
Original post by manjot97
Lol how, an A in by1 and an E in by2. You sir really didnt give a damn about by2 last year aha.

I'll be trying this year lol.
Reply 8
What are you guys doing now, last minute, to prepare?
I'm doing a spider graph of all topics you need to know, I'll post it here when I'm finished 😊
Reply 10
Original post by Failedallmyexams
I'm doing a spider graph of all topics you need to know, I'll post it here when I'm finished 😊

Nice! I'm doing 10 markers for every topic.
image.jpgThis is my graph, it's not exhaustive, but there's a lot... I hope it is of help to someone! 😊
Original post by Failedallmyexams
image.jpgThis is my graph, it's not exhaustive, but there's a lot... I hope it is of help to someone! 😊

This is awesome.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any predictions for this exam? I think its going to be insane if BY1 is anything to go by
Original post by abi_parsnips
Any predictions for this exam? I think its going to be insane if BY1 is anything to go by

Expect extended response questions. By that i mean 4-5 markers (like on BY1). It's cause people started complaining to WJEC that there are too many short structured questions in biology. I suggest learning all the key points for each topic. Do every past paper and learn what each marking point is. There are no shortcuts
hey guys, as wjec is changing the sylabus for next academic year, does think they may repeat many questions from past papers, instead of going to the trouble of creating newer and harder ones ?
Reply 16
i heard that chem/bio papers are written like 3 years in advance?
Original post by VeepFan
i heard that chem/bio papers are written like 3 years in advance?

oh right. i didnt know that. just i remember my teacher going on at how important doing every single past paper as she doubts they would go to too much trouble since they have had to write out a whole new academic sylabus for next school year ?
10 marker predictions?
Reply 19
I'm sure systole/diastole heart questions will come up... The spider web of topics was amazing btw :biggrin: using it as a checklist for what I need to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending