The Student Room Group

Biology b4 b5 b6

what topics do guys think are likely to come up
Original post by haaazel98
what topics do guys think are likely to come up

ocr 21st century right?

I think: phototropism, reflex arc, protein synthesis (i can see it coming as a number ordering question), osmosis - maybe relating to a potato or something (e.g if it shrinks etc), the multistore memory model?, maybe one on Pavlov... i can see a tick box for mitosis/meiosis.... can't remember any more topics off the top of my head... :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by AminaOfAsgard
ocr 21st century right?

I think: phototropism, reflex arc, protein synthesis (i can see it coming as a number ordering question), osmosis - maybe relating to a potato or something (e.g if it shrinks etc), the multistore memory model?, maybe one on Pavlov... i can see a tick box for mitosis/meiosis.... can't remember any more topics off the top of my head... :smile:

That was extremely helpful. Thank you~ :smile:
Original post by vausebi
That was extremely helpful. Thank you~ :smile:

No problem. :smile: i can't believe some of the stuff I said came up!! :biggrin:
Reply 4
How did you guys find it?? I thought it wasn't that bad... Went better than B1 2 3 for me lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I thought it was a pretty good exam really, the first few questions were not brilliant though...
Original post by hotmom
How did you guys find it?? I thought it wasn't that bad... Went better than B1 2 3 for me lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

saaaaammmeeee... i didn't really like b123....
Reply 7
B1 B2 and B3 I didn't like either and got an A*. In this one I was unsure on the feral children question, the potato stuff (the hell was that question about concentration of cells in a potato about?) and some of the plant stuff. E.g for why she wanted to take cuttings, I said that it's because they will have the same cells and therefore genes, so the plant will be a clone and look purple like the one she wanted, whereas seeds may produce different genes (although I didn't explain why).

For the organs of a plant I said "xylem" and for tissue I wrote "meristem".

Overall I was unsure about a few questions, but I hope it went well.
Reply 8
Original post by frostyy
B1 B2 and B3 I didn't like either and got an A*. In this one I was unsure on the feral children question, the potato stuff (the hell was that question about concentration of cells in a potato about?) and some of the plant stuff. E.g for why she wanted to take cuttings, I said that it's because they will have the same cells and therefore genes, so the plant will be a clone and look purple like the one she wanted, whereas seeds may produce different genes (although I didn't explain why).

Organs: flower, leaf, petal, stem and roots
Tissue: xylem meristem ect

I had to Google this as soon as the exam finished lol
Reply 9
This exam was actually pretty good! Probably my favorite of all the science exams yet! :redface:
How did you guys work out the percentage change?
I left that one out because I just couldn't work it out >.<
Oh and what did you write for the question on the last page (part b) about specialized cells in plants?
(sorry! I can't remember the exact wording but I wrote meristems as the answer)
Reply 10
Original post by vausebi
This exam was actually pretty good! Probably my favorite of all the science exams yet! :redface:
How did you guys work out the percentage change?
I left that one out because I just couldn't work it out >.<
Oh and what did you write for the question on the last page (part b) about specialized cells in plants?
(sorry! I can't remember the exact wording but I wrote meristems as the answer)

For the percentage change you had to divide the 2nd last column (the difference from starting mass to ending mass idk) with the starting mass and then multiply by 100.

Don't remember that question lol what was it?
Original post by hotmom
For the percentage change you had to divide the 2nd last column (the difference from starting mass to ending mass idk) with the starting mass and then multiply by 100.

Don't remember that question lol what was it?

Ah, I see! Thank you so much, that makes a lot of sense now~

I honestly don't remember the exact wording of the question but it was on the last page, part B of the last question!
Reply 12
Original post by AminaOfAsgard
saaaaammmeeee... i didn't really like b123....

1 or 2 weird question but overall it was decent . I think the 6 mark questions were pretty fair
Reply 13
Original post by frostyy

xylem is the tissue and the organs are stuff like flowers and leafs according to the guide

Quick Reply

Latest