The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

|| Falmouth Freshers 2015 ||

Scroll to see replies

Original post by charlottei
I certainly hope so! I have a lot of content I need to cover before then though... fingers crossed. :smile:

Ah yeah I see. Although it's not essay based, I have a similar problem in Biology, in terms of understanding the subject but still missing out.
The question will be something like 'Suggest a reason why....' and then even if I give a perfectly detailed scientific answer, it might not be the suggestion they're looking for so I'll lose all the marks. :/ So frustrating!

I just hate how we have to learn so much and we're tested on so little as well. Im from America and when i found out about how exams are done here and how your entire grade is based on your exams i was so confused. Just doesnt make sense to me how 4 exams can show your understanding of a whole subject especially when you're not even tested on the majority of the content, in my subjects anyway.
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Original post by sonja_michelle
I just hate how we have to learn so much and we're tested on so little as well. Im from America and when i found out about how exams are done here and how your entire grade is based on your exams i was so confused. Just doesnt make sense to me how 4 exams can show your understanding of a whole subject especially when you're not even tested on the majority of the content, in my subjects anyway.

Oh yeah, same! It's so disheartening to think the vast majority of effort I invest will inevitably go to waste... Completely agree with you. Hopefully it will be a bit different when we get to uni. :smile:
Original post by charlottei
Oh yeah, same! It's so disheartening to think the vast majority of effort I invest will inevitably go to waste... Completely agree with you. Hopefully it will be a bit different when we get to uni. :smile:

Cant wait until im just doing projects and coursework, so much better than exams and essays! I could never survive doing a typical "academic" subject for 3 years and paying £9000 for it, im so excited for uni where i can just focus on photography.
Cant wait until im just doing projects and coursework, so much better than exams and essays! I could never survive doing a typical "academic" subject for 3 years and paying £9000 for it, im so excited for uni where i can just focus on photography.

Yeah me too! I think I could cope if I had to but I'm definitely glad I chose to do a design degree instead... and I'll admit I am extremely excited about it :smile:
Hopefully going to Falmouth in September to study Interior Design! (if exams go well!!) Anyone else doing the same course??
Hi Charvmonks, I am not doing Interior Design but I think someone mentioned earlier they were too.

I just seen the Falmouth Facebook Group for 2015/2018 is now open if people want to join
https://www.facebook.com/groups/illustrationfalmouth15.18/
Original post by Ellpaigee
Ahh I've payed my deposit. I'm in block A I haven't found anyone in the same flat but I have in the same block. Ahh it's so exciting! x

Hi I'm in block A in the sidings too :smile:
Distinction for my FMP. Falmouth it is. Just waiting for it to be made official~
Original post by minastauriel
Distinction for my FMP. Falmouth it is. Just waiting for it to be made official~

Ahhh congratulations! :biggrin: That must be so exciting.

I'm very jealous though, can't believe I'm going to have to wait until August...! :/
Original post by minastauriel

Congrats!
My result is not till Tuesday, I got an email from Falmouth telling me to let them know, I need a pass to get in but I am predicted distinction, so hopefully all goes well.
Reply 310
Schizophrenia, anomalisitic and research methods. I think I'll be alright with schiz and for anomalisitic i just have to make sure to link to the senario since thats what most questions are. But i know some research methods questions can be worded a bit weird so i hope so stupid questions come up, my teacher said last years paper was really horrible for research methods.

Omg, did you see that the papers for Tuesday's exam got stolen? They've had to rewrite all the questions last minute, meaning any predictions or whatever have just gone out the window. I'm scared :/
Original post by Ellie~
Omg, did you see that the papers for Tuesday's exam got stolen? They've had to rewrite all the questions last minute, meaning any predictions or whatever have just gone out the window. I'm scared :/

Are you serious? Like its mot some stupid joke someones put on?
Reply 312
Are you serious? Like its mot some stupid joke someones put on?

Nope, newspapers and sites have confirmed it. It happened three days ago, I think. The van contained loads of AQA papers, so it wasn't just Psychology.
Original post by Ellie~
Nope, newspapers and sites have confirmed it. It happened three days ago, I think. The van contained loads of AQA papers, so it wasn't just Psychology.

My sociology exam im taking on Thursday was stolen as well. fantastic.
Reply 314
My sociology exam im taking on Thursday was stolen as well. fantastic.

I mean, I'm not sure how it works, but they may lower the grade boundaries slightly because of it. Possibly. I hope so.
Original post by Ellie~
I mean, I'm not sure how it works, but they may lower the grade boundaries slightly because of it. Possibly. I hope so.

I hope so as well. ive been revising 6 hours a day for the past month especially the stuff that was most likely to come up. i knew all that stuff really well. knowing that stuff most likely wont come up on the exam pretty much made the majority of revision ive done a complete waste.
Hello there guys! I'm a second year mentor for falmouth. Please if you know your joining us at Falmouth, please join our Facebook pages! Im on photography, our page is called 'photography (BA) Falmouth 2015/18', any other courses just change the name and you should find it! You can contact us mentors and others on you course.
Original post by Laurenfalmouth
Hello there guys! I'm a second year mentor for falmouth. Please if you know your joining us at Falmouth, please join our Facebook pages! Im on photography, our page is called 'photography (BA) Falmouth 2015/18', any other courses just change the name and you should find it! You can contact us mentors and others on you course.

Do you know how strict falmouth is with needing your offer grades in order to keep your offer? I need a distinction in my BTEC and two b's. I should be getting D* in photography and I'll be able to get 1 B but im not sure about the B in my other A level. Im doing photography as well btw.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi there! I cannot say how strict they will be this year because they could have increased/lowered them, but I can tell you about people in my year. I think a few got let in with 1 grade lower in 1 subject. If you go to the Facebook page and message me (I think I'm the only Lauren S on the page) I can talk to you about it in more detail. :smile:
Hi there if you are looking for a room for Falmouth Uni or Exeter there is one available in Falmouth Town Centre itself (right in the middle of town), a 3 Bedroom Flat newly refurbished, currently I have the spot with two others but I will not be returning next year. The two other flatmates are really nice, tidy people and study as part of Exeter Uni on the campus. please let me know if you are interested as soon as possible - the tenancy starts on the 1st of July and even though it is a year contract works out cheaper than all the halls available on campus.

Thanks,Luke

Quick Reply

Latest