The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sarah1001
Did you go?? How was it?
Im also going to an induction day and i dont know anyone going so im trying to talk myself out of it aswell lool. Was it better than you expected? I need help :frown:

Hey! Yeah, I did go and I can honestly say that there is nothing to worry about :smile: I was so nervous but it turns out that I wasn't the only one and other people come up and try to talk to you! I actually had a good day :biggrin: Good luck!
Reply 7241
I'm doing AQA sociology and it's soon boring, i regret choosing it now :/
Original post by Arfaa
I'm doing AQA sociology and it's soon boring, i regret choosing it now :/

Can't you change?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah I have a leavers assemblyat 9 and I can't even sleep because I got 13hours sleep yesterday but I still look tired wtf.

Doing an all nighter now...
Original post by kiera28
They will send it off to the head examiners office. It will be marked but generally they are less lenient

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe they only scan where it says to write and they make this very clear... But I believe aqa (like edexcel) have a system where if the examiners feels you have written outside the scanned area they can send it for reviewto be traditionally marked. It make get picked up that you have written outside the designated area whilst it is being scanned though.
Just hope you have an examiner who does send it off for review
Nut saying that I'm not sure if aqa only do traditional marking... Ocr and edexcel both scan for sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys I have another urgent question,
If you wrote in gel pen will that be an issue? Yes I know they say don't but i find writing with biro hard,
The gel pen was very quick dry and i could try to smudge the ink after I'd written by rubbing the paper and it didn't even smudge, so no smudges at all, will that be okay and readable by the scanner?

Replies much appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
If you wrote in gel pen will that be an issue? Yes I know they say don't but i find writing with biro hard,
The gel pen was very quick dry and i could try to smudge the ink after I'd written by rubbing the paper and it didn't even smudge, so no smudges at all, will that be okay and readable by the scanner?

Replies much appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's fine. I wrote all of my 3 exams in a gel pen last year and there was no issues.
I seriously can't sleep at night because I'm so worried about results day😓
According to unofficial mark schemes I think I got these grades in additional science : a high b in biology, c in chem a d in physics with a low a for an ISA, could my Overall grade be a b?
For core science I think I've achieved a d in biology a high b in chem and a c in physics with an a* ISA could my overall be a b ?
Also for maths I think I got around 95 would that hopefully be a b?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by itsadeolaa
I'm taking Biology Chemistry History and Art (AS). Hopefully an EPQ as well which should be fun, anyone else doing an EPQ?

I'm planning to do an EPQ also! I'm taking biology, chemistry, classics and psychology!
I'm so worried about sixth form. I'm worried I won't make any friends.
Factor in the fact that I split up with my boyfriend because I cheated on him with my best friend and I'm not in a good place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Replies much appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile

on my home scanner, gel pens appear better than biros when scanned
I think the reason they say not to is because some gel pens smudge really easily
but you should really follow the rules though as there's no guarantee!
Original post by SampleX
I'm so worried about sixth form. I'm worried I won't make any friends.
Factor in the fact that I split up with my boyfriend because I cheated on him with my best friend and I'm not in a good place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you just say that you ****ed your best friend?

Mhm, so it is possible to escape the friendzone after all...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frostyy
Did you just say that you ****ed your best friend?

Mhm, so it is possible to escape the friendzone after all...

Posted from TSR Mobile

We had unprotected oral sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The worst thing is, I don't know if I want my boyfriend back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
The worst thing is, I don't know if I want my boyfriend back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh I'd be surprised if he'd take you back.. You ****ed his best friend

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh I'd be surprised if he'd take you back.. You ****ed his best friend

Posted from TSR Mobile

I ****ed my best friend. I'm surprised he's taking me back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
I ****ed my best friend. I'm surprised he's taking me back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What a weird and ****ed up situation

Posted from TSR Mobile
What a weird and ****ed up situation

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know. I think I proved I can grovel and manipulate my way back into anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
We had unprotected oral sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mhm. Details is what we need to judge objectively. What technique did you use?
Original post by asha.o
I'm planning to do an EPQ also! I'm taking biology, chemistry, classics and psychology!

#TeamEPQ lol and I'm guessing you are an aspiring Medic?

Latest