The Student Room Group

A Level Use of maths rant and coursework question

Use of maths is useless!! ITS THE SAME AS GCSE..... I wish I never chose it! i'm basically just retaking my GCSE!!!!! How is this even an A Level??
:confused:

sorry... just had to rant about this somewhere :biggrin:

Also, our teacher said we do coursework in this subject... What is the coursework about/what do you have to do? (and I thought coursework was scrapped?)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Hahahahahaha. No. Wait until year 2. The coursework is hell, they can't tell you anything about it.
well why did you take it in the first place?
Reply 4
because a level maths at my school was full and the enrolment people said that use of is pretty much the same but it includes coursework too... I guess they lied so they could get rid of me ad go home or something?
Original post by dylan99
because a level maths at my school was full and the enrolment people said that use of is pretty much the same but it includes coursework too... I guess they lied so they could get rid of me ad go home or something?

The majority of the "hard" maths is covered in the second year, but hence the name it is mainly applying the maths, especially the first year. But yeah, a third of the second year is coursework.

Quick Reply

Latest