The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Wolverhampton uni offer holders 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kayleyyy
Unconditional offer for Adult Nursing at City Campus starting September 2016 :smile:

Hi I have a selection test in Wolverhampton tomorrow, could u please help me. what will the maths test be about and I need help on what to write in the literacy test, it say a statement will be given about health and I have to write an essay

Thank you
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 21
Are you applying for the social work course or the nursing?
Original post by Sadia2010
Hi I have a selection test in Wolverhampton tomorrow, could u please help me. what will the maths test be about and I need help on what to write in the literacy test, it say a statement will be given about health and I have to write an essay

Thank you

I'm sorry , I have absolutely no idea. Is it for midwifery? As my interview was very low-key, just me and two lecturers. I didn't have a numeracy/literacy test but i assume it'll be to just test basic sums and spellings and stuff. really sorry I can't help anymore!

Good Luck!
Reply 23
Original post by kayleyyy
I'm sorry , I have absolutely no idea. Is it for midwifery? As my interview was very low-key, just me and two lecturers. I didn't have a numeracy/literacy test but i assume it'll be to just test basic sums and spellings and stuff. really sorry I can't help anymore!

Good Luck!

There's tests at wolverhampton? Quite surprising when you look at the standard of the university...
Reply 24
Original post by abssy
There's tests at wolverhampton? Quite surprising when you look at the standard of the university...

A bit below the belt, if you have not any constructive advice maybe you should keep your negativity to yourself.
A midwife or nurse coming through any university has to posses basic nessasary skills an idiot would know this. I have 4 children, 2 who were delivered by midwives who qualified through wolverhampton, they were amazing essecially given one nearly didn't make it!
Honestly some people!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by Uni2016
A bit below the belt, if you have not any constructive advice maybe you should keep your negativity to yourself.
A midwife or nurse coming through any university has to posses basic nessasary skills an idiot would know this. I have 4 children, 2 who were delivered by midwives who qualified through wolverhampton, they were amazing essecially given one nearly didn't make it!
Honestly some people!

Erm, okay.. I'm just surprised that Wolverhampton have exams whilst other, better universities do not. I didn't say anything bad about it, so stop crying? No need to be rude, i'm surprised at the response I received. But i'm sure you're proud. x
Original post by abssy

Wolverhampton is not on any lists or rankings, so not sure what 'standard' you're talking about. Wolverhampton has a bad reputation as it is a city university that evolved from a polytechnic, but some of the best nurses/teachers I know in my personal and professional life have studied and graduated at Wolves Uni. People who have gone/who are still attending have nothing but good things to say about it as a university. I chose Wolverhampton as I know a few people who studied at more 'prestigious' universities (such as U of Birmingham and BCU) have told me about how miserable they were there (also this is my second degree and though I enjoyed my first degree you could not pay me to go back to my first university!). I met three lecturers whilst on my interview and have met a few others through open days and the lecturers all seem to be friendly and genuinely happy to instruct, which is something that you don't get at every university.
Reply 27
Original post by abssy

Err... you can't really judge the standard of Wolves whenever you applied to it yourself (as you said so on the first page), as well as the fact that you're also applying to the likes of Kingston and Anglia Ruskin.... LOL.

I'm pretty sure that both Kingston & ARU fall below the 100 mark in most league tables.
Reply 28
thank you! and yeah i think i found out before april
Original post by Uni2016
Hey, congratulations!
When you applied a while back, did they take long with giving you a decision?
Original post by abssy

LOL. You do know you have to do tests for nursing and midwifery, whatever uni you apply to right??
Reply 30
Okay okay I was mistaken; after some research seems like a decent university. Good luck to those waiting for offers and those that are starting in September.
just got offered a conditional offer for psychology. don't really know how i feel because i don't know a lot about the uni :frown:((
Conditional offer for Health and Social care! :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by oddchild_4
just got offered a conditional offer for psychology. don't really know how i feel because i don't know a lot about the uni :frown:((

Have you gotten any other offers to choose from?
Reply 34
Conditional offer for Adult nursing
Applied to Pharmacy as an international student two weeks ago. No reply yet :s
Reply 36
Original post by sookie17
Applied to Pharmacy as an international student two weeks ago. No reply yet :s

Hiya :h:
What are your grades may I ask?
Got an offer for information technology, dunno if i should go wolves though :s
Got a conditional offer form Wolverhampton .....gonna wait until I get my other ones tho ...
Reply 39
What's up with wolverhampton? No one seems to be happy about there offers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending