The Student Room Group

Never watched Star Wars and Star Trek

I have wanted to for a long time. I just never got around to it and now I feel like the only person on TSR who hasn't watched any of the films and tv shows!

:colondollar: anyone on the same boat?
Same here. Star Trek seems so cool though, I just have no idea where to begin so I never bothered with any of it.
Original post by DedicatedWizard
I have wanted to for a long time. I just never got around to it and now I feel like the only person on TSR who hasn't watched any of the films and tv shows!

Haven't seen the other similar threads?
Original post by Vikingninja
Haven't seen the other similar threads?

Nope! I just made this in a whim :tongue:
Original post by Cold 187um
Same here. Star Trek seems so cool though, I just have no idea where to begin so I never bothered with any of it.

Yeah I have no idea where to start to really.
Original post by Cold 187um

Yeah I have no idea where to start to really.

I would say watch star trek in this order:

Star Trek The Original Series
Star Trek 1-5
Star Trek The Next Generation
Star Trek 6-10
Star Trek Deep Space Nine
Star Trek Voyager (if you want, however I found it wasn't nearly as good)
Star Trek Enterprise (I actually enjoyed this, but it gets a lot of dislike)
Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness (the reboot movies)
Original post by Kay_Winters

Star Trek 1-5
Star Trek 6-10

Thank you! What about Star Wars? Actually, should I watch Star Wars before Star Trek because I feel like it would be shorter...
Order for star wars: 4 > 5 > 6. Don't bother with the prequels.
Same here. To be honest, it doesn't seem like the kinda thing I would like. The post stating all those seasons and movies is also is a good reason why I don't feel the need to try. If I need to invest that much time, I loose resolve for trying to get into it.
Reply 9
Original post by Kay_Winters

Star Trek 1-5
Star Trek 6-10

What?! Voyager was on of my favourite series. DS9, TNG & enterprise were good too, although I'm not a fan of TOS. also haven't watched any of the new movies
Thank you! What about Star Wars? Actually, should I watch Star Wars before Star Trek because I feel like it would be shorter...

Either watch star wars in this order: 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3, 7 or in this order: 4, 5, 2, 3, 6, 7. 1, 2 and 3 aren't nearly as good as 4, 5, 6 and 7 but still important to watch for story, well episode 2 and 3 at least I'd say

Original post by Aph
What?! Voyager was on of my favourite series. DS9, TNG & enterprise were good too, although I'm not a fan of TOS. also haven't watched any of the new movies

I just felt it was far more bloated than the other series I must say, as for the reboots, the first one is good, second one wasn't great
I have never seen Star Wars or Star Trek and I don't intend to. Doesn't take my fancy. Each to their own.

I'm freaking obsessed with Star Wars but I have never seen any Star Trek episode/film
Reply 13
I've never seen Star Trek, but given the quality of JJ Abrams' new Star Wars instalment The Force Awakens, I may be tempted to dig out his Star Trek films. I'm a real big fan of Cumberbatch, too.

Quick Reply

Latest