The Student Room Group

George Takei should have been a journalist!

George Takei was great in Star Trek, but i do not really think he has excelled as an actor. He was a gay asian pioneer in the public space, and that brought his personality into the limelight. And when you listen to him you realize two things, first he has a dark voice with tremendous authority which is a contrast to his rather small person. And he is very intelligent! I therefore feel that he should have changed paths when the star trek ting came to a halt, and strayed into either radio or tv journalism, where his two great assets would have been appreciated: his voice and his intelligence.
Reply 1
George Takei is an absolute piece of dirt who uses his race and sexuality as weapons whenever he can. He’s also a complete hypocrite and yet another of the Hollywood / BBC model of sexual predators. He’s publicly admitted to sexually assaulting young men.
Reply 2
Original post by Trinculo
George Takei is an absolute piece of dirt who uses his race and sexuality as weapons whenever he can. He’s also a complete hypocrite and yet another of the Hollywood / BBC model of sexual predators. He’s publicly admitted to sexually assaulting young men.

I cannot answer for the truthfulness of your allegations about criminal conduct. The interview I heard was about the forced relocation of japanese in the US during WWII. And wether you like him or not, he Asian and he was a pioneer in a way in the US. It is true that many "stars" seem to forget that even though they are famous, they may not be as attractive as they were in their early days and they assume too many things. Mel Gibson's girlfriend was very very young (younger than his children). There are many like him. I just thought Takei had a great voice and that he seemed very thoughfull in the interview I heard.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by michaelhw
I cannot answer for the truthfulness of your allegations about criminal conduct. The interview I heard was about the forced relocation of japanese in the US during WWII. And wether you like him or not, he Asian and he was a pioneer in a way in the US. It is true that many "stars" seem to forget that even though they are famous, they may not be as attractive as they were in their early days and they assume too many things. Mel Gibson's girlfriend was very very young (younger than his children). There are many like him. I just thought Takei had a great voice and that he seemed very thoughfull in the interview I heard.

These aren't "allegations". These are words from his own mouth.

On national radio he admitted to preying on young men around the Hollywood scene. He said he would select the vulnerable looking ones. Look up "George Takei skittish"

The fact of him being Asian doesn't in any way mitigate that. Unfortunately, that's what he seems to think, that intersectionality is both a shield and a sword.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 4
These aren't "allegations". These are words from his own mouth.

On national radio he admitted to preying on young men around the Hollywood scene. He said he would select the vulnerable looking ones. Look up "George Takei skittish"

The fact of him being Asian doesn't in any way mitigate that. Unfortunately, that's what he seems to think, that intersectionality is both a shield and a sword.

If he admitted it, then I suppose he regrets it. Which more than most do in Hollywood.
Reply 5
Original post by michaelhw
If he admitted it, then I suppose he regrets it. Which more than most do in Hollywood.

That's alright then. So long as you regret it, you get a pass.

This is why I can't stand George Takei - for the last 10 years at least his entire schtick is to pontificate about social justice and use his profile on social media to try and destroy people whom he doesn't agree with - yet all along he's a sexual predator.
Reply 6
That's alright then. So long as you regret it, you get a pass.

This is why I can't stand George Takei - for the last 10 years at least his entire schtick is to pontificate about social justice and use his profile on social media to try and destroy people whom he doesn't agree with - yet all along he's a sexual predator.

I googled and found that his accuser has retracted his accusation. I don't know if there are more accusations ?

Quick Reply

Latest