The Student Room Group

Man charged for walking past a film star.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AntiBabylonista
I hugely dislike the immature witch-hunt TSR virgin boys are now going on over feminism, it's not feminism's fault.

It is a terrible and damaging thing however, especially since that the arrest and decision to prosecute will still be held on local police databases and potentially revealed in an enhanced DBS check, even though the man was found not guilty.

The people that are even worse than that type of person are the ignorant feminists who are too bigoted to realise their wrongdoings.....
Reply 21
I hugely dislike the immature witch-hunt TSR virgin boys are now going on over feminism, it's not feminism's fault.

It is a terrible and damaging thing however, especially since that the arrest and decision to prosecute will still be held on local police databases and potentially revealed in an enhanced DBS check, even though the man was found not guilty.

You have to admit for a group who want equality they are surprisingly quiet on this problem.

When was the last time you saw a feminist on the tv saying that more has to be done about this issue?
Reply 22
Original post by Blondie987
Please stop blaming this on feminism, this woman would be an idiot with or without the movement

She would be an idiot without feminism, but in this case without feminism she would have been an idiot who was treated as such.

Feminists got onto the back of the CPS/Police etc. so much about how many rape/sexual assault allegations aren't prosecuted they seem to now just be prosecuting every allegation given to them. Even if like in this case the only evidence is the girl saying it happened and everything else suggesting it didn't.
Original post by Blondie987
Please stop blaming this on feminism, this woman would be an idiot with or without the movement

She feels she can do this because certain feminists and the regressive left have made it nearly impossible for a man to deny it. Rather than being innocent until proven guilty, it seems men are now considered guilty simply because of their biological composition.

These are the same people that suddenly become feminists when it comes to the refugee crisis.
There was a thread about how a girl lied about being raped by a migrant and one or two were very quick to defend her saying she had mental illness.
I bet if the woman in this case claimed mental illness none of them would give a ****.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 25
maybe I am naive but I am lost ....

" ....claimed Mr Pearson sexually assaulted her penetratively for ‘two or three seconds’ ...."

how is this possible fully clothed?
Is he going to get compensation for having his name dragged through the mud for no good reason? She should pay the guy compensation for fabricating the story.

I wonder what your opinion would be if someone called a woman on here a slut/slag just because they disagreed with their post.

It plainly is feminism's fault, and I'll tell you why:

Can you imagine a man 1. inventing that he had been physically assaulted by another man and 2. actually taking it to court with an expectation of victory?

The woman would have been a pathologically lying fruitloop with or without feminism, but feminism, and its influence on the CPS, has given her a framework in which to inflict her delusions on innocent men and on the rest of society.
Original post by TeeEm

" ....claimed Mr Pearson sexually assaulted her penetratively for ‘two or three seconds’ ...."

It doesn't have to be plausible. The woman's goal is attained when the accusation is made and when the CPS charges him. At that point the man's criminal record is marked, so that he will not be able to get any job that requires an enhanced DBS check. Thus thanks to the CPS the woman can pick any random man out of a crowd and choose to ruin his career. Girl power!
Reply 30
Original post by scrotgrot
It doesn't have to be plausible. The woman's goal is attained when the accusation is made and when the CPS charges him. At that point the man's criminal record is marked, so that he will not be able to get any job that requires an enhanced DBS check. Thus thanks to the CPS the woman can pick any random man out of a crowd and choose to ruin his career. Girl power!

surely there must be more to this story ,...
Original post by TeeEm

She says she was wearing a skirt with no tights, and of course they mean penetrating using his fingers, feasibly he could this reasonably quickly however not in the space of 2 seconds while not breaking his stride and walking past her obviously.

I'm surprised she thought she could BS this claim and it would work, especially when she says he ran off and people were watching, if she'd said he did it and she was too shocked to react, she might have managed the lie, which is scary in itself tbh.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by joey11223
She says she was wearing a skirt with no tights, and of course they mean penetrating using his fingers, feasibly he could this reasonably quickly however not in the space of 2 seconds while not breaking his stride and walking past her obviously.

I'm surprised she thought she could BS this claim and it would work, especially when she says he ran off and people were watching, if she'd said he did it and she was too shocked to react, she might have managed the lie, which is scary in itself tbh.

Joke story ... I resent as a tax payer having to pay for this.
The CPS in this case is to be blamed.
Original post by TeeEm
Joke story ... I resent as a tax payer having to pay for this.
The CPS in this case is to be blamed.

I love how short their statement is, they should be made to release a full explanation of how the CCTV evidence backed a prosecution in their minds,

Also the woman should now be charged with wasting police time, false report etc. Surely as well if she's a tv name, she has money, he should go after her for slander.
Wow. That's something. I like to know how she even decided she was "violated". Feel sorry for the guy though. Now that is what ya call a true entitled woman.
She'll sue if ya breathe her air too much.
People should take responsibility for the accusations they make. This woman should face legal repercussions - you can't just go around falsely claiming men sexually assaulted you, all the while remaining totally anonymous. Even more unacceptable is how the prosecution service handled this.

"At the moment, women seem above the law. They can do it in domestic violence cases simply pick up the phone, no evidence required, and have a man removed from his family and his children and they can do it with rape, too." Yup, about sums it up.
I fail to see how this is a problem with anything but the CPS.

What seems to have happened, is that the CPS decided to prosecute despite a complete lack of evidence of ANY kind. This despite the fact that thousands of cases, with plenty of perfectly good evidence are thrown out every year because the CPS don't have the time or resources to take them to court.

I remain extremely confused (but not entirely surprised) how some here have managed to twist this into a case where the only thing to blame is Feminism....
Send her to ISIS!
Original post by joecphillips
The cps is getting ridiculous with what they are taking to court.

Walking past people can get you charged with sex crimes now.

We should hold the cps accountable for the cases they take to court.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3435317/Tried-sex-crime-brushed-past-film-star-rush-hour.html#comments

More women have come forward with historical allegations saying he walked past them in a train station and penetrated them with a newspaper

More victims are expected to come forward.
Original post by democracyforum
More women have come forward with historical allegations saying he walked past them in a train station and penetrated them with a newspaper

More victims are expected to come forward.

I'd feel violated if the newspaper in question was the Sun or Guardian.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending