The Student Room Group

Games workshop mega thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vikingninja
Followed leviathan when I played them. Tyranids are hilarious as long as the enemy doesn't have any heavy tanks since a lot of the anti tank stuff sucks, zoanthropes and tyrannofexes are the best but the former needs to be sort of close and tyrannofexes are hella' expensive. Carnifexes had heavy venom cannons but they have that annoying -1 effect against vehicles.

Do Mawlocs still do that explosive entrance attack when they come out of the ground? I remember that being hilarious back in 5th :biggrin:
Original post by The Warsmith
Do Mawlocs still do that explosive entrance attack when they come out of the ground? I remember that being hilarious back in 5th :biggrin:

I stopped playing around 5th.
Original post by Vikingninja
I stopped playing around 5th.

Me too, sadly. Good times though. Did you play fantasy too?
Evening guys, sorry for being in absentia again. While I was away I thought of some important topics we might discuss:

Spoiler

Have you guys heard the recent introduction of Age of Sigmar by GW, following the End Times in which the Old World was destroyed? I guess most of you have, if you have been into the WHFB aspect of the game. I certainly was, as an avid Tomb Kings player (GW killed us all though).

How do you guys find Age of Sigmar? Do you like it or not? And do you miss old Warhammer Fantasy?
If so, what were your favourite factions and funny moments while playing them?

easiest way to answer this is to just post a video i made in regards to age of sigmar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVS99Lp2Xm4

wow i look fat in that video, ive lost weight since
Original post by silverbolt
easiest way to answer this is to just post a video i made in regards to age of sigmar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVS99Lp2Xm4

wow i look fat in that video, ive lost weight since

Will do so.
Evening guys, sorry for being in absentia again. While I was away I thought of some important topics we might discuss:

Spoiler

Have you guys heard the recent introduction of Age of Sigmar by GW, following the End Times in which the Old World was destroyed? I guess most of you have, if you have been into the WHFB aspect of the game. I certainly was, as an avid Tomb Kings player (GW killed us all though).

How do you guys find Age of Sigmar? Do you like it or not? And do you miss old Warhammer Fantasy?
If so, what were your favourite factions and funny moments while playing them?

I really miss the old Fantasy Battles.
Original post by EdwardBarfield9

Aye, me too.

What race did you play as?
Aye, me too.

Wood elves. :smile:
Aye, me too.

The models, books, rules and players are still out there. Yeah workshop has stopped doing it but you can still play (and play any edition you want)
Wood elves. :smile:

I really like their lore. They also have the WFB equivalent of Ents as well, eh?

Original post by silverbolt
The models, books, rules and players are still out there. Yeah workshop has stopped doing it but you can still play (and play any edition you want)

That's true. Nothing can stop you from still playing.
I really like their lore. They also have the WFB equivalent of Ents as well, eh?

Yep. You have the Treemen, which are basically Ents. I actually brought a few LOTR Ent models as I couldn't afford the Treemen models.

There's the smaller, troop sized Dryads.

And also Drycha.
Not sure what the update rules and stuff are as I got out of the game before the update happened but I remember that if you took her as your Lord/Hero you couldn't use anything that did not have the forest spirit special rule.
A cool thing about Drycha, again may not still be a thing, was that if she and her squad were in a forest you could basically teleport to any other forest on the board. Combine that with the tree singing spell that lets you move forest and you have a pretty cool tactic.

The Wood Elves spells were pretty cool too.

One awesome item for the Wood Elves from the Storm of Magic book if the Woodwakers Wand. It's a one time use item that, if successful allows you to animate one forest. That forest then gains 10 attacks and 10 wounds for each tree in it, the standard GW forest model having 3 trees. This item is especially useful for the Wood Elves because of the Tree singing spell.
[QUOTE="EdwardBarfield9;63006935"]

Yep. You have the Treemen, which are basically Ents. I actually brought a few LOTR Ent models as I couldn't afford the Treemen models.

There's the smaller, troop sized Dryads.

And also Drycha.
Not sure what the update rules and stuff are as I got out of the game before the update happened but I remember that if you took her as your Lord/Hero you couldn't use anything that did not have the forest spirit special rule.
A cool thing about Drycha, again may not still be a thing, was that if she and her squad were in a forest you could basically teleport to any other forest on the board. Combine that with the tree singing spell that lets you move forest and you have a pretty cool tactic.

The Wood Elves spells were pretty cool too.

One awesome item for the Wood Elves from the Storm of Magic book if the Woodwakers Wand. It's a one time use item that, if successful allows you to animate one forest. That forest then gains 10 attacks and 10 wounds for each tree in it, the standard GW forest model having 3 trees. This item is especially useful for the Wood Elves because of the Tree singing spell.

One of my all time favourite battles was using my wood elves against a lizardman army, I took the skirmisher style list and ran rings around him, he just couldnt catch enough of me to bring me to pitched battle.

Ok it counted as a draw but it was still so much fun
Also guys

Spoiler

WH40K Eternal Crusade are hosting their live stream at 7pm today like every Friday, so if you guys want to watch and chat on twitch or youtube!

And did I mention the giveaway at the end?

As our question for the day, what's you favourite chapter of Space Marines, and why?
Also guys

Spoiler

WH40K Eternal Crusade are hosting their live stream at 7pm today like every Friday, so if you guys want to watch and chat on twitch or youtube!

And did I mention the giveaway at the end?

As our question for the day, what's you favourite chapter of Space Marines, and why?

None of them. My favourite chapters are Emperors Children because of their armour and Sister of Battle (Adeta Sororitas). Would love a Sisters army but they're so damn expensive.
Reply 94
Is this a dead thread now? i've been away for a loooong time
Original post by xHUNT3Rx
Is this a dead thread now? i've been away for a loooong time

I'm still here :smile:

Update on my 40k life. I've started my Sister of Battle army. Currently have three Exorcists, three Immolators, five Penitent Engines and Celestine :smile:
Reply 96
I'm still here :smile:

Update on my 40k life. I've started my Sister of Battle army. Currently have three Exorcists, three Immolators, five Penitent Engines and Celestine :smile:

cool man i have 3 tyranid warriors so far lol
Reply 97
cool man i have 3 tyranid warriors so far lol

It would be a dream to have mawlocs and stuff buts its way too expensive :frown:
It would be a dream to have mawlocs and stuff buts its way too expensive :frown:

I feel ya man, 40k is expensive. Hey, SoB costs £50 for 10 figures. However, after saving up for a model you really want you appreciate it more and get far more excited :smile:

Just keep at it broski :smile:
HI, i've recently joined. would be easier if i said the armies i collect, blood angels, alpha legion and world eaters along with siam hann alderii

Quick Reply

Latest