The Student Room Group

GCSEs 2016 - Exam Conflict - Edexcel German and AQA Computer Science

Hi, does anyone else have Edexcel German and AQA Computer Science exams conflicting on the same day at the same time. There are 2 german exams, listening and reading which add up to 85 minutes, and then there is 1 computer science exam which is 90 minutes so in total 175 minutes, which is 5 minutes off the 3 hour limit for exams. I'm not too happy about this because it means sitting exams one after the other. I was wondering what people's opinion on this is, and if anyone in the past had an issue similar like this and if it was a problem at all or not?
Any responses are appreciated.
Reply 1
The 3 hour limit for exams? What do you mean?
Reply 2
Original post by onderk
The 3 hour limit for exams? What do you mean?

I think there is something that says if your conflicting exams add up to 3 hours or over, you get a break inbetween your exams.
Reply 3
I'm doing OCR computer science, as well as edexcel German. Our computer science exam is also 5 minutes right after the German exam, I've asked some of the teachers and they've told us that there will definitely be a break for us between these exams.
Original post by ChocoMocoHD
Hi, does anyone else have Edexcel German and AQA Computer Science exams conflicting on the same day at the same time. There are 2 german exams, listening and reading which add up to 85 minutes, and then there is 1 computer science exam which is 90 minutes so in total 175 minutes, which is 5 minutes off the 3 hour limit for exams. I'm not too happy about this because it means sitting exams one after the other. I was wondering what people's opinion on this is, and if anyone in the past had an issue similar like this and if it was a problem at all or not?
Any responses are appreciated.

I have this this year, and religious studies in the after noon... so that's funnn... How were your exams set out? how long was your break?
Reply 5
Original post by ClassyBubble01
I have this this year, and religious studies in the after noon... so that's funnn... How were your exams set out? how long was your break?

I didn't get a break man. Had to do one then the other right away. Did get 2 A*'s though so I'm happy.
Original post by ChocoMocoHD
I didn't get a break man. Had to do one then the other right away. Did get 2 A*'s though so I'm happy.

What an absolute jokeeeeee ;-;

Quick Reply

Latest