The Student Room Group

White Lives Matter

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Opinion
Well, at least you have now acknowledged my point. To be honest, you have read things that I did not type. At no point did I say that the life of the America based slaves was easy. I am not trying to sound condescending here, but please don't look for hidden meanings in the words of others and just accept what a user is saying a face value (I am referring to the underlined section above).

Well, not to be rude but I'm not the only user who came to this conclusion after reading your statement i.e @PrincePaul657777. It's not us ganging up on you but the way you had worded your statement seemed as the underlined section above. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
white ppl wanna be oppressed lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
It makes what I said true.

A place that works slaves to deaths is worse than a place that works slaves for a period of time and then frees them. I don't exactly recommend either system but the former is worse.

Where are your sources that indicate it was worse? I find it hard to believe that black slaves weren't worked to death also.
Original post by eagleclawsan
Where are your sources that indicate it was worse? I find it hard to believe that black slaves weren't worked to death also.

The existence of the descendants of slaves in the Americas shows that they were not mainly worked to death.

North Africa/ The Middle East had similar numbers of slaves (some say more), yet there are no cities in such places with large black / white communities (that's because they died).
The existence of the descendants of slaves in the Americas shows that they were not mainly worked to death.

They probably were but the healthiest, strongest and smartest ones obviously survived. However, why are we talking about African Slavery in a White Lives Matter thread?
Original post by The_Last_Melon
They probably were but the healthiest, strongest and smartest ones obviously survived. However, why are we talking about African Slavery in a White Lives Matter thread?

That's the point, some (most) slaves were able to survive, whilst in other places they didn't.

I am not really sure, some of the radical BLM supporters on here have tried to derail the thread.

North Africa/ The Middle East had similar numbers of slaves (some say more), yet there are no cities in such places with large black / white communities (that's because they died).

Okay done some research and it appears your statement is quite correct. However (not necessarily directed at you as I have not read previous posts) it is still clear that Africans have clearly been the biggest victims of both slave trades. This would make sense seeing as many Arab countries are situated in North Africa.

I don't even know how this slavery debate started on a thread targeting BLM but I don't think it adds any value to the debate except highlighting that black people are, by far, the biggest victims in the slave trade. So whether Europeans were worse than Arabs or not does not change this fact.

Don't know where I am going with this, but yeah.

Also just a theory. Of the slaves that existed in Arab nations the large majority of them were women as opposed to the transatlantic slave trade where it was the other way around. This might also explain why there isn't a large population of black/white people in the countries you speak of, seeing as most of the slaves in the Arab slave trade were for sexual purposes.
Blacks have Africa,

Whites have to share with the entire world or be labelled Supremacists

Black nationalist = empowerment

White nationalism = racism, hatred

Just double standards your people enjoy so much

And they call us privileged kek
Original post by 17042016
Blacks have Africa,

Whites have to share with the entire world or be labelled Supremacists

Black nationalist = empowerment

White nationalism = racism, hatred

Just double standards your people enjoy so much

And they call us privileged kek

This is a Whites Live Matter thread and your post is about Black people. Why? Are black people the only people in "white" countries?

I think that your divisive post is not called for in a thread that seeks to shed light on issues facing white people (probably someone like yourself).

Can people stop reducing every single discussion to a black versus white debate? Even in a White Lives Matter thread
White lives matter is the most pointless and meaningless movement if it ever does exist.
This ranks high on the list of dumb things written on TSR.....
Black Lives Matter is a movement that needs to be left solely for black people without tampering from any other race.
White lives matter is stupid and doesn't exist because life is a white lives matter movement.
Really, what would you suggest I look up? What historian argues that white people wouldn't exist nowadays if it weren't for the Crusades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 233
White lives matter because people say you can't even be racist against us despite being the most tolerant people in the world to other races except for maybe the Chinese and Thai people. So because we are so tolerant that excuses you to abuse us? I don't think so.

Top!

This idea that slaves were worked to death, or were beaten to a pulp at the whim of evil whitey is nothing but Hollywood fiction. Slaves were not some endless reasource in America that could be purchased with a bit of loose change, they were incredibly expensive investments, that only the wealthiest in society could afford.

Look it at it from an economic perspective. A plantation owner, who's income rests entirely on his slaves ability to work the land and tend the crops, has a vested interest in ensuring that his slaves are fit and able to do so. He is not going to work them to death, or beat them to a pulp or neglect them in any way, a dead or incapacitated slave isn't going to make him any money.
Original post by Greenlaner
This idea that slaves were worked to death, or were beaten to a pulp at the whim of evil whitey is nothing but Hollywood fiction. Slaves were not some endless reasource in America that could be purchased with a bit of loose change, they were incredibly expensive investments, that only the wealthiest in society could afford.

Look it at it from an economic perspective. A plantation owner, who's income rests entirely on his slaves ability to work the land and tend the crops, has a vested interest in ensuring that his slaves are fit and able to do so. He is not going to work them to death, or beat them to a pulp or neglect them in any way, a dead or incapacitated slave isn't going to make him any money.

I agree.
White lives matter because people say you can't even be racist against us despite being the most tolerant people in the world to other races except for maybe the Chinese and Thai people. So because we are so tolerant that excuses you to abuse us? I don't think so.

White people, people r racist to white what !!?!?!? Do u know what it's like being brown and Indian or Muslim with eyes judging u when u do everything people placing stereotypes the difficulty in making friends, the feeling that ur worthless , thinking ur not pretty cause no boys looks at u like they do an English girl no matter how pretty u r cause ur BROWN, what .
Original post by kaam1234
White people, people r racist to white what !!?!?!? Do u know what it's like being brown and Indian or Muslim with eyes judging u when u do everything people placing stereotypes the difficulty in making friends, the feeling that ur worthless , thinking ur not pretty cause no boys looks at u like they do an English girl no matter how pretty u r cause ur BROWN, what .

Sorry that you don't feel beautiful enough or you feel worthless. Being 'brown' is beautiful.

There are very beautiful people of Indian descent, whether it is Sonam Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai, Shilpa Shetty, Alia Bhatt and the list goes on. Yeah, I know that they are celebriities, but I am trying point out that "brown" girls are beautiful as well.

Just because some people don't acknowledge you or your self-worth does not make you less of a person.

Have a great day and keep rocking! :biggrin:
Original post by Greenlaner
Like how whites (in particular the British) were the first race to abolish slavery, whilst every other non-white race continued to practice it, in some cases until very recently?

Sorry to all that, had been offended at my message. It was unintentionally brought out as 'racial hatred' according to TSR. There was intentional harm meant
Original post by Wired_1800
Sorry that you don't feel beautiful enough or you feel worthless. Being 'brown' is beautiful.

There are very beautiful people of Indian descent, whether it is Sonam Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai, Shilpa Shetty, Alia Bhatt and the list goes on. Yeah, I know that they are celebriities, but I am trying point out that "brown" girls are beautiful as well.

Just because some people don't acknowledge you or your self-worth does not make you less of a person.

Have a great day and keep rocking! :biggrin:

Oh thanks that's really sweet, xx:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending