The Student Room Group

why am I so bipolar about my looks

I want genuine answers, not the ‘everyone is beautiful’ type of stuff.
I’m happy with how I look. Well, kind of. There are somethings I really dislike about myself and I’m changing them in the future by surgery 100%, but apart from that I think I’m actually good looking in my eyes. I’m not sure if it’s because I’m NOT white, and I live in a primarily white country, but I feel insecure too. Looking at white girls, with their small button noses and pale skin. And the boys here judge you according to the white beauty standard, even if you aren’t white. But anyway, I get really scared as people compliment me, but because I’ve never been at peace with how I look, I always think they’re lying.
I have been asked out before yes, by two white guys, one black guy and two brown guys.
But for some reason, I just still think I’m not good enough. It’s sad really, as im excelling in all of my studies, but recently I’ve been thinking about how I look a lot more. I’m not ‘out of this world’ good looking like Megan fox, but people have told me im average and, yes I went to this extent, but I even go on those face analysis websites and I score high on those. They do boost my confidence a little bit, but alas,
I think they’re wrong.
I think this issue always comes about when i go on social media, especially tiktok. I post on an account which I made public, and I do get a lot of ‘you’re gorgeous’ and ‘you’re pretty’, but idk I feel like due to pretty privileged which I don’t think I have, my videos don’t even get that many likes. Idk if I’m overthinking this or not, but it’s driving me insane
Sorry, this is probably irrelevant but bipolar is a mental illness and I wouldn't refer to it for this...
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by iL1L
Sorry, this is probably irrelevant but bipolar is a mental illness and I wouldn't refer to it for this...

wait I thought you could use bipolar as an adjective too??
I apologise
Original post by Anonymous
wait I thought you could use bipolar as an adjective too??
I apologise

Maybe you can? I’m just very used to hearing mental illnesses being overused a lot (e.g. OCD, depressed, shell-shocked) but no need to apologise.
Not sure I can help with your problem but I hope others will see it soon :smile:
Reply 4
This is basically me bro cus im a brown and i live in the uk so i feel self conscious around girls (mainly white ones cus they're the types of girls im attracted to) no offence its just how i grew up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending