The Student Room Group

EY online tests

Has anyone done these and passed? I was rejected, but it said I got a level 7 for the numerical test which app is the best. So it just means I failed the other 3 tests.

What do you think they look for with these other ones?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah same.

I got 6 in the numerical and the results for the other tests said that I love to learn new things and building relationships with people and that I've got learning agility and I'm a problem solver.

Nonetheless they rejected me. I tried sending them an email asking for explanation but they didn't reply :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by egdargi
Yeah same.

I got 6 in the numerical and the results for the other tests said that I love to learn new things and building relationships with people and that I've got learning agility and I'm a problem solver.

Nonetheless they rejected me. I tried sending them an email asking for explanation but they didn't reply :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh I see, I also got the learning new things and building relationship ones

Situational: growth/learning new things and building relationships
Behaviour: consultative capability e.g. identifying specific needs of clients
Mindset: detail-focused

Ahh I see let me know if they reply with anything helpful and then I may send an email as well.

I wonder what skills they look for - hoping someone who has passed it comments what they received for each one.

I will prob apply to the summer internship again next year - hopefully do better then
Reply 3
I would wager that given they have vastly more applicants than places, it's not that something you did wrong, rather someone had something they liked.
Reply 4
Original post by Breakingbank
Ahh I see, I also got the learning new things and building relationship ones

Situational: growth/learning new things and building relationships
Behaviour: consultative capability e.g. identifying specific needs of clients
Mindset: detail-focused

Ahh I see let me know if they reply with anything helpful and then I may send an email as well.

I wonder what skills they look for - hoping someone who has passed it comments what they received for each one.

I will prob apply to the summer internship again next year - hopefully do better then

Yeah my application was for the first year program and I sent the email back in January, so they're obviously not going to reply.

Yeah same, going to apply again for the summer internship.
What was this application for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I was successful in the online tests and telephone interview but was later rejected at the assessment centre stage.

I can include my report for the tests; however I applied for the school-leaver programme so not sure if it will be a bit different (I think all the tests are the same though).

Situational Strengths Test
Analyst
You enjoy taking an analytical approach to solving problems, drawing on information from various sources and quickly understanding it.Harness this strength when you need to work effectively with complex, conflicting or ambiguous information.Don’t forget to consider the broader context of an issue. Try to pay attention to how others view information and evaluate problems.
Drive
You have a strong desire to be the best that you can be and will not let anything stand in your way, regardless of any obstacles that arise.Make the most of this strength to achieve your goals and position yourself as a role model to others with similar aspirations.Be careful that you don’t burn out by trying to do too much too soon. Learn the value of pacing yourself to achieve your goals sustainably.

Business Behaviours Test
Technology Mindset
You have a natural aptitude for understanding and using technology.You love learning about advancements in technology and are quick to understand them.Stay attuned to technological advancements. Understand how they can be used practically to deliver efficiency and business value.

Mindset
Detail Focus
You pay attention to details and getting things right. Look for opportunities where 'it's all about the detail' since this is where you'll thrive.

Numerical Reasoning Test
Overall you reached Level 6. This indicates that you have the ability to solve difficult numerical calculations accurately, including complex fractions, percentages,decimals and ratios that involve 5-, 6- or 7-digit numbers (e.g., 3,654, 387) and incorporate multiple calculations to arrive at the correct answer, as well as rankingdifferent options.

Hope this helps! :smile:
Original post by inhuman
I would wager that given they have vastly more applicants than places, it's not that something you did wrong, rather someone had something they liked.

Yep I agree with you. They are always overscubscribed.
Original post by ROC10
I was successful in the online tests and telephone interview but was later rejected at the assessment centre stage.

I can include my report for the tests; however I applied for the school-leaver programme so not sure if it will be a bit different (I think all the tests are the same though).

Situational Strengths Test
Analyst
You enjoy taking an analytical approach to solving problems, drawing on information from various sources and quickly understanding it.Harness this strength when you need to work effectively with complex, conflicting or ambiguous information.Don’t forget to consider the broader context of an issue. Try to pay attention to how others view information and evaluate problems.
Drive
You have a strong desire to be the best that you can be and will not let anything stand in your way, regardless of any obstacles that arise.Make the most of this strength to achieve your goals and position yourself as a role model to others with similar aspirations.Be careful that you don’t burn out by trying to do too much too soon. Learn the value of pacing yourself to achieve your goals sustainably.

Business Behaviours Test
Technology Mindset
You have a natural aptitude for understanding and using technology.You love learning about advancements in technology and are quick to understand them.Stay attuned to technological advancements. Understand how they can be used practically to deliver efficiency and business value.

Mindset
Detail Focus
You pay attention to details and getting things right. Look for opportunities where 'it's all about the detail' since this is where you'll thrive.

Numerical Reasoning Test
Overall you reached Level 6. This indicates that you have the ability to solve difficult numerical calculations accurately, including complex fractions, percentages,decimals and ratios that involve 5-, 6- or 7-digit numbers (e.g., 3,654, 387) and incorporate multiple calculations to arrive at the correct answer, as well as rankingdifferent options.

Hope this helps! :smile:

Very helpful thank you :smile:
Reply 8
Are u talking about the EY skills academy?? I applied for it and did all the tests and then I had my telephone interview two weeks ago and they said they will email this week and tell me if I got accepted or not.

If u wanna see what they said about my tests, I will send it tomorrow when I use the computer
Reply 9
Original post by raghad.
Are u talking about the EY skills academy?? I applied for it and did all the tests and then I had my telephone interview two weeks ago and they said they will email this week and tell me if I got accepted or not.

If u wanna see what they said about my tests, I will send it tomorrow when I use the computer

What did EY say about your tests?
Reply 10
Original post by e^x
What did EY say about your tests?

I did receive any feedback about my telephone interview yet :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by raghad.
I did receive any feedback about my telephone interview yet :frown:

Thanks I'm pretty sure one friends had the same report as u for the tests and still got rejected.
Did u pass the phone interview?
Reply 12
Original post by e^x
Thanks I'm pretty sure one friends had the same report as u for the tests and still got rejected.
Did u pass the phone interview?

Oh sorry I meant I didn't receive anything from them. So I don't know yet
i just finished my online test of EY and preparing for my telephone intewview. could you please tell me anything about what they asked in telephone interview ? Thank you very much.
Reply 14
Hi Zhang,

What are the 3 online tests like for EY this year? Any information would be great! Thank you
Hi all,

When did you get your feedback, was it after the phone interview?
Reply 16
Hello everyone!

I have just completed the first 3 tests, Situational Strengths, Business Behaviours and What's your Mindset, and have been asked to complete the Numerical and Verbal reasoning tests. I was just wondering which online test pack would be most useful for me to purchase?
If anyone would like any advice for the first 3 tests feel free to ask!

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 17
I was rejected too, any hint?
Reply 18
Original post by verier
I was rejected too, any hint?

at what stage were you rejected?
Reply 19
Original post by swhitec
at what stage were you rejected?

just after the tests, it's hideous!

Quick Reply