The Student Room Group

Can you get glasses without a prescription?

I've only got one pair and would like to get another incase I lose them or they get damaged even though I brought cover. The only issue is I don't want to get it from the same place I got these from which was boots, they're so expensive. I looked on Specsavers and they're much cheaper but they ask for when your eye test was with Specsavers and your prescription
I've never had a eye test with Specsavers so can't do that. Is there anywhere that's affordable where I can glasses without an eye test with them?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymusy
I've only got one pair and would like to get another incase I lose them or they get damaged even though I brought cover. The only issue is I don't want to get it from the same place I got these from which was boots, they're so expensive. I looked on Specsavers and they're much cheaper but they ask for when your eye test was with Specsavers and your prescription
I've never had a eye test with Specsavers so can't do that. Is there anywhere that's affordable where I can glasses without an eye test with them?

Ask boots for your prescription (or whichever place you had eye test done) and then buy from anywhere you like. You should not need an eye test repeated.

Greg
Reply 2
Ask the plce you were tested at for your prescription
Reply 3
Original post by greg tony
Ask boots for your prescription (or whichever place you had eye test done) and then buy from anywhere you like. You should not need an eye test repeated.

Greg

I have it already, they gave me it when I paid for the glasses and eye test. I don't really understand it and when trying to order online, I don't know what to put when it asks for your prescription it's set up different. I think it'd be best if buy them in person. Do I just go into Specsavers with my boots prescription and show them when buying the glasses?
Reply 4
Original post by Kathy89
Ask the plce you were tested at for your prescription

I already have it, they gave me it when I paid. I just feel like I was tricked into buying them at boots as it was my first time and thought I had to buy them from there and I stupidly got cover as well without thinking of it so wasted alot of money. I'm just going to go to Specsavers with my prescription on Monday cos I don't understand the online form and I need new glasses anyway these ones are good but I got the smallest frame ones and they just about cover my eyes so a little bigger would be better, they also already have scratches on them, I keep dropping them. I'll probably get a few as they're more affordable Is there a limit to how many you can buy from one place?
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 5
I already have it, they gave me it when I paid. I'm just going to go to Specsavers with my prescription on Monday cos I don't understand the online form and I need new glasses anyway these ones are good but I got the smallest frame ones and they just about cover my eyes so a little bigger would be better, they also already have scratches on them, I keep dropping them. I'll probably get a few as they're cheaper. Is there a limit to how many you can buy?

I don't think there is a limit.
Reply 6
I have it already, they gave me it when I paid for the glasses and eye test. I don't really understand it and when trying to order online, I don't know what to put when it asks for your prescription it's set up different. I think it'd be best if buy them in person. Do I just go into Specsavers with my boots prescription and show them when buying the glasses?

yes, you just go with your prescription
Reply 7
Update: I went into Specsavers and there wasn't many affordable options available, also didn't like the vibe in there, there were too many people working there and were all staring at me or asking if I needed help so I just left after a few mins. I've decided to just get them online then go in to collect them I know how to enter my prescription it's just the size part at the end that I don't understand how to put in, it doesn't say on my prescription but the glasses I currently have has the size on it, there are 3 numbers options to put in, do I put the first two in that order? ie of what it could be 60 [] 12 - 146 [this is what it says on my glasses, I changed the numbers for here but you get what I mean. Do I put 60 and 12 on the form in that order or 12- 146? It also says on , on my glasses it also says IE 136W. What do I put on the form?
Reply 8
I don't think there is a frame with 12mm nose bridge.

IE136W is probably the model number.

Quick Reply

Latest