The Student Room Group

Can you wear eye makeup to an eye test?

I've heard you can't but when I booked the eye test, the email I received didn't mention anything about it.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
I've always worn make-up to my eye tests.

I don't wear mascara if I'm going to put contact lenses in/out as I'm scared I'll mess up my make-up, but that's just personal preference.
Reply 2
Original post by Desideri
I've always worn make-up to my eye tests.

I don't wear mascara if I'm going to put contact lenses in/out as I'm scared I'll mess up my make-up, but that's just personal preference.

What about eyeliner?
i mean i think it’s fine?? i went to my eye test with full pencil eyeliner on and she didn’t mention it although in the doc with the prescription she did also recommend that i go to an ‘eyegienist appointment’ for ‘eyelid cleaning’
Original post by Anonymusy
I've heard you can't but when I booked the eye test, the email I received didn't mention anything about it.

generally you can unless it is for contact lenses.
I wear plenty of eye makeup most days & whenever I've had my eyes tested no one's ever mentioned that I shouldn't. I'd say it makes more sense for me to wear it anyway. I wear glasses all the time so if I'm choosing a new pair after my eye test I want to know how I'm going to look in them. This is easier if I've got my eye makeup & lashes styled the way I normally would.
Reply 6
Update: Thanks, I ended up wearing my normal makeup but no eyeliner in my waterlines just on the top eyelid which was a good idea since the part of the test where the air goes in your eyes made my eyes water so bad if I'd have worn eyeliner it would have smudged everywhere. The air part was so difficult, my eyes wouldn't stay open and were so watery it took so many tries to get right, as soon as I dried my eyes they just got watery again. I'm dreading having it done again in 2 years. Since when did they start doing the air thing. The last time I had an eye test was many years ago and I don't remember there being air involved or pictures being taken. I think it was the light being flashed in different places and then being asked to read the letters that were only done but now they have the air thing like what the hell does that even do other than traumatize your eyes and can't it cause an infection?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending