The Student Room Group

2016 AQA GCSE Chemistry Unofficial mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScienceFantatic
If anyone wants to help filling it out o can remember specific questions, post here

In the first question in the last section, the atom was neon.
(1) Neon has 10 electrons, not 9 (2) The first shell can only hold 2 electrons (3) The outer shell can only hold 8

or something along those lines.
Hey guys for the question about recording the temperature more accurately, could you have said you can use polystyrene cup instead of the glass beaker because less heat can escape, making it more accurate?
Original post by ansonslp
In the first question in the last section, the atom was neon.
(1) Neon has 10 electrons, not 9 (2) The first shell can only hold 2 electrons (3) The outer shell can only hold 8

or something along those lines.

Thank you, it was neon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0lut0
I've got 9 marks estimated so far :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry- I got 4.

I didn't even get the electronic structure right...
Original post by Nathan Emmings
Anyone got predictions for grade boundaries?

48- A*
41- A
35- B
24- C

I've failed it basically.
Guys I think I got 33 or 34 with harsh marking 37 without harsh marking. What grades we looking at?
Original post by lunaticash19995
Question 5b= add hydrogen, nickel catalyst, 60 degress, harderened because high temperature, solid at room temperature.

would this be 5 marks

you would have to give an example so it would be 4 marks
I got an A in my ISA like 90 UMS How much A's/ A*'s do i need in the exam(s) for an A* overall ?? thnx
Original post by Francis197
I got an A in my ISA like 90 UMS How much A's/ A*'s do i need in the exam(s) for an A* overall ?? thnx

i cureenlty got an around 48 slash 45 harsh marking i hope a 47 is an a* like last yrs paper was easier pls aqa pls
This is painful to read... I felt so good when I just finished the exam - thinking I'd get B-A... but some reading errors that slipped by and gaps of knowledge might just get me a B at most.

Pray to God that there are anmolous marks and that I would get something higher than a C. Asian parents don't find C's acceptable, so I would feel too ashamed for myself, even after more than 12 hours C1 revision were gone the gutter...
I reckon i've got 54-55 with harsh marking. By the way 20.3 is a wrong answer! You are meant to place it in 2 decimal figures (from the graph) for 2 marks. So in reality the answer is 20.30 not 20.3. How do I know this? 1) It was a 2 marker. 2) Our teacher is an AQA part time examiner and that is what he told us.
Sorry to post this again, but did anybody else put 'steam' and 'high temperatures' for the cracking question? I thought this would be acceptable because it's the other method of cracking?
Original post by CaptErin
Sorry to post this again, but did anybody else put 'steam' and 'high temperatures' for the cracking question? I thought this would be acceptable because it's the other method of cracking?

i put high temperature and catalyst for n1 and high temperature and steam for number 2
How many marks do you reckon for an A?
Original post by dh12345
i put high temperature and catalyst for n1 and high temperature and steam for number 2

Ah, that would have been a good answer. I was just checking someone else thought it too because many people seem to have focused on the catalyst! Thank you:smile:
Original post by dh12345
yeah but neon has 10 it said it was in the same row as lithium

Original post by TheDragonGuy
It was just the nucleus, because it said about part 'Z', and that's all it wanted, not the whole atom. The way you have written the answer doesn't make it very clear though, it should be something like this

Protons (+1)
Neutrons (0)

I did Protons=5 Electrons=5 and Neutron=6
For the question about black on the bottom of the beaker or something I guessed and put Carbon Monoxide, does anyone know what the actual answer was?:smile:
For the ethene and steam advantage, could you produce it produces pure ethanol where as fermentation doesn't which means less is required? Also can you say put a lid on the beaker? Finally, could I get away with saying l saturated oil rather than saturated fat for the final question?
Omdsss I think I did good looking at this but thank you so much this is really amazing!
Original post by dhruvap
I reckon i've got 54-55 with harsh marking. By the way 20.3 is a wrong answer! You are meant to place it in 2 decimal figures (from the graph) for 2 marks. So in reality the answer is 20.30 not 20.3. How do I know this? 1) It was a 2 marker. 2) Our teacher is an AQA part time examiner and that is what he told us.

i think its 1 mark for working out and theres no way in any exam that 20.3 can be wrong yet 20.30 can be right. how do I know? because 20.3=20.30=20.30000000 - they are all equal so I THINK you may be wrong ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending