The Student Room Group

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 1 - 24th of May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by BainesyA
I put the following, or something along these lines.

As the emf across the circuit is equal to sum of the emf of the individual components, then by replacing the battery with a with one of the same emf, but internal resistance, the voltmeter would read the same value.

(Cant actually remember what the question was, if you remind me I can write what I actually answered)

Question was
1.5v battery is replaced with one with significant internal resistance. explain why the value on the voltmemter at A and B doesnt change
Reply 641
Was there multiple choice for this paper???
Original post by Gurkin
What did people get for the last electricity where the battery had internal r

Do you mean the one where you had to work out of one of the resistors? Like 0.15 I think. Or the voltmeter one, where I said that the resistor is in parallel and the reciprocal of a big number is very small and so it would have little difference
Original post by BainesyA
I put the following, or something along these lines.

As the emf across the circuit is equal to sum of the emf of the individual components, then by replacing the battery with a with one of the same emf, but internal resistance, the voltmeter would read the same value.

I put that the internal resistance would reduce the terminal potential difference but the potential difference between the two points would be the same as the external arrangement of the resistances is the same therefore the voltage across each component will be less but the difference between A and B the same
Reply 644
Original post by Person18
Do you mean the one where you had to work out of one of the resistors? Like 0.15 I think. Or the voltmeter one, where I said that the resistor is in parallel and the reciprocal of a big number is very small and so it would have little difference

The one where thd voltmeter was placed between point a and b
Reply 645
Original post by Pra99
Was there multiple choice for this paper???

No thats paper 2. Which one do you reckon will have higher boundaries
Original post by syns994
Question was
1.5v battery is replaced with one with significant internal resistance. explain why the value on the voltmemter at A and B doesnt change

I refer you to the point you quoted, I answered the right question, so the one you quoted is the answer I put, or along those lines
Reply 647
Original post by 11234
No thats paper 2. Which one do you reckon will have higher boundaries

I didn't do the test, but I'm assuming paper 1 as its meant to be easier.
Reply 648
Original post by SaltandSugar
I put that the internal resistance would reduce the terminal potential difference but the potential difference between the two points would be the same as the external arrangement of the resistances is the same therefore the voltage across each component will be less but the difference between A and B the same

I said something about the potential drops would be the same is that right

I put very similar to this but i had no idea it was a complete guess
Reply 650

I said that, the pd reading between A and B should be zero as there are no components in parallel to it
harder or easier than specimen paper lol I have biology and chemistry soon so im wondering whether this can inform a little?
Original post by Chickenslayer69
where da unofficial markscheme

its in my pocket, let me get it out for you.....

chicken wings
Are we all sure the grade boundaries will be lower than last year? Last year was the lowest it's been.
Original post by Gurkin
damn, i said the voltage would just be zero because it's in parallel with no components. But, wouldnt the voltmeter not record the emf as its not in paralel with the cell

The question asked why the volmeter would read the same.
Reply 655
Original post by LivToBe
The question asked why the volmeter would read the same.

Yeah, zero before with no internal r,zero after with Ir
Original post by Kraixo
Guys what did you pick for the meterial of the wires?

I picked BC

I pick B and C too
Original post by 11234
What did people get for the percentage change in diameter. Did anyone get 0.79%

I got 0.79 as well
Original post by Gurkin
Yeah, zero before with no internal r,zero after with Ir

Why zero? wasnt there 4 resistors in total or something and they were difference along each parallel branch?
Original post by Pouh
Was it one sig fig or 2 i first had 0.875 then put it to 0.90

I put it as 0.9 as well... I hope that's right

Quick Reply

Latest