The Student Room Group

AQA AS Core 2 maths unofficial MARK SCHEME (25/05/16)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by BlackthornRose
You and I both then, you and I both. Except, I also messed up on tons of other questions.....I don't even wanna think about it.

Yeah, didnt think maths would go this badly overall in C1 and C2...did you get 88 as the answer too or something else?
Original post by voltz
Yeah, didnt think maths would go this badly overall in C1 and C2...did you get 88 as the answer too or something else?

C1 was ok for me but I ruined it with C2. Hopefully I'll be able to bring it back in F1....

No I got 72. My method was right but somewhere in the method I made a very silly mistake which gave me the wrong answer.

Anyway, let's try not to worry about it and focus on everything else in life instead, ruminating over it is depressing me man.
Omg I got -1648 and so did my friend 😁 Maybe I got 1/75 😂😂
Original post by voltz
Yeah I think im wrong a lot of people got 13...hopefully I will get atleast 1 mark for some sort of working out

depends on how u rounded your answers in the previous questions bfore as if u rounded area of triangle and used the answer to 3.s.f like the questions stated youwuld get a lower or higher answer so if you have a close but not exactly the same answer as everybody else may not b qwrong
Reply 85
Original post by mattdeeee1
Yeah, you're right. Ended up with 13.8 for the perimeter:redface:

OMG SAME! people were saying its like 12 something
Reply 86
Where's the unofficial mark scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rager6amer
Im pretty sure the perimeter was like 13.6?? I cant remember and r was either 3.something i think

I got 10.7 too, don't know what I did wrong
Reply 88
Original post by Chisom99
wasn't the question (2-x)^7

no it was definitely (2+x)^7
Reply 89
Original post by Jodie2612
Omg I got -1648 and so did my friend 😁 Maybe I got 1/75 😂😂

that was the answer to the last expansion question :smile:
Original post by natebr
For integration questions does it matter if you forget to put '+ C' at the end because I can't remember whether I did or not?

Yeah it will matter I'm fairly sure sorry!

If you look back at integration questions on mark schemes you'll be able to see whether the lack of + C was penalised cause it might not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Excuse Me!
Yeah it will matter I'm fairly sure sorry!

If you look back at integration questions on mark schemes you'll be able to see whether the lack of + C was penalised cause it might not

Posted from TSR Mobile

depends though sometimes they make is neccesary and sometimes they put it in brackets and say accept if no plus c depends how their feeling or wat they wanted
Original post by voltz
I think we're wrong, sadly... do you reckon we could still get 2/3 marks for method somehow?

Im actually not sure anymore what i put as my final answer. I mean my method was right dividing the area of triangle and finding R and then using that and theta R to find perimeter. If you did the same thing let's just both hope we pick up few marks.
Reply 93
Original post by natebr
For integration questions does it matter if you forget to put '+ C' at the end because I can't remember whether I did or not?

Im sure you did but seen as the question was the first (hence supposed to be the easiest and catering to the most people) plus on most previous mark schemes they have put "condemn no '+c'" so im lik 80% sure it should be fine either way :smile:
Im sure you did but seen as the question was the first (hence supposed to be the easiest and catering to the most people) plus on most previous mark schemes they have put "condemn no '+c'" so im lik 80% sure it should be fine either way :smile:

Can you upload a proper mark scheme like you did with core 1?
Reply 95
Original post by SunDun111
Can you upload a proper mark scheme like you did with core 1?

Ah thanks man and yeah ive had some people ask me for this and im hoping it is finished by tomorrow, stay tuned on the thread :smile:
Reply 96
Ah thanks man and yeah ive had some people ask me for this and im hoping it is finished by tomorrow, stay tuned on the thread :smile:

Yayyyy (I'm one of those people)😂
Reply 97
Original post by Zaydy3
Yayyyy (I'm one of those people)😂

yep haha :smile:
cant qait to see it cus u think I did better in thia than core 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone else get maths error for that trig q😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending