The Student Room Group

Environmental Science AQA A-Level Equations

Hiya! Just wondering if we have to memorise equations such as Specific Heat Capacity/ or the Lincoln's Index for the AQA A-Level Environmental Science exams?
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daisygeorgiano
Hiya! Just wondering if we have to memorise equations such as Specific Heat Capacity/ or the Lincoln's Index for the AQA A-Level Environmental Science exams?
Thanks

No, you don't have to! How are you feeling for the exam? I feel under-prepped ngl
Reply 2
Original post by katie.watsonn
No, you don't have to! How are you feeling for the exam? I feel under-prepped ngl

Oh that's great! Thanks for replying :smile: i feel okayyy but AQA make the questions so tricky imo so it's kind of hard to prepare for that!
Reply 3
Any predictions on the 25 mark questions? I'm worried about what they will be.
Original post by daisygeorgiano
Oh that's great! Thanks for replying :smile: i feel okayyy but AQA make the questions so tricky imo so it's kind of hard to prepare for that!

Literally... you never know what's on the mark schemes they are always so specific
Original post by Rach111
Any predictions on the 25 mark questions? I'm worried about what they will be.

Think it's really hard to predict tbh but hoping it won't be on anything too niche so probs one of the bigger topics
Reply 6
Think it's really hard to predict tbh but hoping it won't be on anything too niche so probs one of the bigger topics

Looking at past paper 1s they seem to focus on pollution or energy resources, so I'm focusing on that, but knowing my luck it will be something about a smaller topic.
Original post by Rach111
Looking at past paper 1s they seem to focus on pollution or energy resources, so I'm focusing on that, but knowing my luck it will be something about a smaller topic.

This is so true and considering last year they actually didn't choose those topics, they might go back to them for this year's essays
Reply 8
This is so true and considering last year they actually didn't choose those topics, they might go back to them for this year's essays

I'm hoping last year was a bit of an odd one,given that they gave advanced notice of topics. Hopefully the questions will be back to the earlier style.
Reply 9
(Original post by Rach111)I'm hoping last year was a bit of an odd one,given that they gave advanced notice of topics. Hopefully the questions will be back to the earlier style.

oh so what did they do last year instead of topics?
Reply 10
They did topics still, but it was Hydrosphere and Lithosphere
Original post by Rach111
They did topics still, but it was Hydrosphere and Lithosphere

i actually quite liked last year's paper 1 questions tbh so hoping we get something not too complicated tmrw ! The paper 2 ones were brutal though
Reply 12
i actually quite liked last year's paper 1 questions tbh so hoping we get something not too complicated tmrw ! The paper 2 ones were brutal though

Good luck for tomorrow 🤞
Original post by Rach111
Good luck for tomorrow 🤞

You too!! how are you feeling about ?
Reply 14
Really nervous tbh. First exam so feeling a bit stressed. How about you?
Original post by Rach111
Really nervous tbh. First exam so feeling a bit stressed. How about you?

it’s my second but my first was core maths so this i’d my first proper one tbh… feeling a little under-revised ngl😭
Reply 16
hopefully energy or pollution technology come up for the 25 marker
Reply 17
Original post by Jaro_
hopefully energy or pollution technology come up for the 25 marker

That would be good. Good luck 👍
Reply 18
Original post by Rach111
That would be good. Good luck 👍

Thanks, you too.
How did everyone find it?

Quick Reply