The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 27 2016 and Depth - June 10 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Found that really hard
:biggrin:
Original post by kiwifruit99
Found that really hard

Me Too :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found it quite easy - except the very last question
Best chemistry exam ive hever done 😃😃 absolutely buzzing but i think grade boundaries will be high around 90%
Anyone get 29. Something for the enthalpy change of reaction? I think it might be 58 ,

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was the hardest test Ive ever done. How are people saying they liked it? wtf?
Original post by A Sajid
If Kc constant comes up im just going to walk out the exam I swear.:colonhash:

hahahahahahaha lol at your life
Original post by A Sajid
That was the hardest test Ive ever done. How are people saying they liked it? wtf?

It was easy, in chemistry they just serveeverything on a plate, the question are work the number of electrons, protons, neutrons in this ? Etc.. What type of reaction is this, how many volumes of gas produced, use the 2 formulas, so easy, anyone can do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got -58.5 kJ mol-1 I think
Was everyone else doing the same test as me then? 😂 i thought it was easy
Original post by Fish40
It was easy, in chemistry they just serveeverything on a plate, the question are work the number of electrons, protons, neutrons in this ? Etc.. What type of reaction is this, how many volumes of gas produced, use the 2 formulas, so easy, anyone can do it

Posted from TSR Mobile

If anyone could do it, it would be a mickey mouse a-level..?
Original post by connorhill
hahahahahahaha lol at your life

Ive had enough of this sh. Im just gonna trap. Allow A levels. I aint made for this.
Original post by Jitesh

I'm an idiot, didn't write a minus, so you divided your q by 0.075 mol and not 0.150mol, why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fish40
Anyone get 29. Something for the enthalpy change of reaction? I think it might be 58 ,

Posted from TSR Mobile

100cm3 I think you had to use (100g)
Original post by Jitesh

How were you meant to work out that qs? I've only ever dkne parctise questions were i worked out the moles for water.
Original post by Jitesh
100cm3 I think you had to use (100g)

Yes I had that, but divided my q=4.736 KJ or something by 0.150

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nettled
How were you meant to work out that qs? I've only ever dkne parctise questions were i worked out the moles for water.

Not 100% sure but it was something like q=100x4.18x10.5

It said one of the things was in excess

Then divide q by 1000 then the mols of something

Not sure if it's right btw
Reply 258
What did they mean by use a different symbol for oxygen and what did we have to do
Reply 259
For the enthalpy change of reaction one i got confused - mainly regarding how many moles i had to divide the energy released by. For combustion u take the moles of the thing being combusted, for neutrilisation u take the moles of water, and for formation u take the compound. What on earth do u take for reaction?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending