The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 27 2016 and Depth - June 10 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Adamrog9
Could you put 2OH- rather than NaOH?

Dont see why not
How hard is everyone expecting this exam to be? Paper 1 wasn't that bad I think. It was alright.
Reply 562
Original post by nightwing51214
How hard is everyone expecting this exam to be? Paper 1 wasn't that bad I think. It was alright.

It is going to be at the same level. The only difference is that we won't have multiple choice questions in that paper. There will be more practical questions in the Depth paper I think, because other questions were purely on knowledge so they might put a titration question in there.
Other than that, basically look at the specification and tick the ones that already appeared in that paper. I think their focus will be on Organic Chemistry in Depth, as there weren't any other questions other than the last question on breadth which wasn't too tricky, only the last 3 marker required a bit of a thought. In terms of physical chemistry, drawing Boltzmann's graphs and exothermic/endothermic reactions may come up.
(edited 7 years ago)
Just to confirm, what exactly are we assessed on practicals. Unlike, Physics there's a set of required practicals - is there something similar here?

Thanks
Original post by Conquest.
Just to confirm, what exactly are we assessed on practicals. Unlike, Physics there's a set of required practicals - is there something similar here?

Thanks

Any practical from the book, including PAGs and the ones you haven't done
Original post by nightwing51214

Probably just a little harder than the breadth, mainly because they will throw in complicated calculation questions which can throw people off.

Got 55/70 in the depth specimen paper. Don't know if that's a good or bad indicator tbh :frown:
Reply 566
Original post by asinghj
Any practical from the book, including PAGs and the ones you haven't done

Wait, do you mean that any PAG can come up or any PAG that is in the specification?
Original post by HarrisonGCSE
Wait, do you mean that any PAG can come up or any PAG that is in the specification?

Any PAG that is in the specification (or titration, test for ions etc). There all in the cgp revision guide.
Reply 568
Original post by neil20143
Any PAG that is in the specification (or titration, test for ions etc). There all in the cgp revision guide.

Oki, so they wont ask us to synthesis aspirin or something like that?
Can anyone send me the depth in chemistry practice paper ?
What do we think the grade boundaries will be for an A in breadth?
I thought 56 for an A
any advances? hmm.
image.jpeg

Hey,,, can anyone help me with empirical formula, I did it but it is wrong.

Thanks
How many marks for an E?
Anyone have a list or know the all the practicals we need to remember? I'm looking online and it looks like we only did the key ones with our teacher
Original post by Mariamjaan
image.jpeg

Hey,,, can anyone help me with empirical formula, I did it but it is wrong.

Thanks

Am sure that it's C2H3
(edited 7 years ago)
I think I got around 45-50 on the breadth paper, which I'm pretty happy with. I found it pretty hard compared to my friends.

Would that be a B?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending