The Student Room Group

Regressive left

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sainsburys wraps
Get over yourself, no one tried to justify violence, I tried to justify the right to protest. And come on, does sitting at home all day and simply voting against them actually do anything? People need to speak out against the corruption which actively speaks to the idle viewer at home.

But there is no need to be violent in doing so, you know, what all the stories are about. "People protest against somebody they disagree with" is hardly a news story, after all.
Original post by Jammy Duel
But there is no need to be violent in doing so, you know, what all the stories are about. "People protest against somebody they disagree with" is hardly a news story, after all.

Yeah because everyone listens to the silent protestor. Stop mixing up violence with forceful demonstrating.
Yeah because everyone listens to the silent protestor. Stop mixing up violence with forceful demonstrating.

so you regard throwing projectiles as merely forceful, and not violent? When does violence actually become violence to you?
so you regard throwing projectiles as merely forceful, and not violent? When does violence actually become violence to you?

Come on you're doing it again. Forceful demonstrations =/= violent demonstrations. You can protest with force and energy without throwing projectiles buddy
I had the perfect infographic but can't find it.

But its deeply ironic. The more these degenerates smash police cars and wave Mexican flags. The more likely middle America is going to side with Trump.

Come on you're doing it again. Forceful demonstrations =/= violent demonstrations. You can protest with force and energy without throwing projectiles buddy

And you're doing it again, ignoring the topic of the thread, directly from the article (or watching the end of the video embedded)
"Some protesters scaled a wall of the centre to throw water bottles at police."

Yeah, totally not throwing projectiles...
Reply 46
And you're doing it again, ignoring the topic of the thread, directly from the article (or watching the end of the video embedded)

Still doesn't make them regressive, which is what I thought the point of this thread was.
Original post by offhegoes
Still doesn't make them regressive, which is what I thought the point of this thread was.

I'd call violent protesting and not liking democracy when it doesn't go your way pretty regressive.
Reply 48
I'd call violent protesting and not liking democracy when it doesn't go your way pretty regressive.

If he was advocating concentration camps, would you still call them regressive for their violent/forceful protests?

If so then... to each their own.

If not, then we've established that you don't think violent protesters are de facto regressive, and now we're having conversation about the balance between civil order and making a point.

I hope you realise I'm talking about protests in general, which was implicit from your post.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending