The Student Room Group

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nicoleemmak
Does anyone please have last years papers and mark schemes please???

I have the mark schemes but not the actual papers :s
Original post by ToLiveInADream
Okay just did Jan f325 and got 80! However, the last question and the electrode potentials were confusing. Can someone help me understand how to answer question 7d. Here is a link:
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/144762-question-paper-unit-f325-01-equilibria-energetics-and-elements.pdf

Smh
Original post by itsConnor_
Anyone tried the Edexcel papers? Printed Jan 2016 Unit 4 and Unit 5. Which are more useful for our spec? :smile:

I find AQA better than edexcel but even then I'd focus on legacy papers more than AQA.
They make me purr.
Original post by AqsaMx
When drawing optical isomers, does it matter you order the groups around the chiral centre???

I don't think it does, as long as the optical isomer you draw of it is essentially a mirror image of the one you drew originally
Omg yes

So simple
So photosynthesis is an endothermic reaction and negative change in entropy. How is the reaction possible?
Original post by thad33
So photosynthesis is an endothermic reaction and negative change in entropy. How is the reaction possible?

Temperature is low enough for reaction to be feasible?

Ignore that, I am daft

Something to do with activation perhaps, but photosynthesis isn't one straightforward, simple reaction, there are numerous, numerous steps in involved so I'm guessing the answer is somewhere in there.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Serine Soul
Temperature is low enough for reaction to be feasible?

Ignore that, I am daft

Something to do with activation perhaps, but photosynthesis isn't one straightforward, simple reaction, there are numerous, numerous steps in involved so I'm guessing the answer is somewhere in there.

Yeah, plants are cool as ****
Smh

??
Please let's not talk about plants here, I'm sick of them in biology.
Original post by thad33
Yeah, plants are cool as ****

I'm so happy I'll be studying biochem at uni :biggrin:
Reply 472
I don't think it does, as long as the optical isomer you draw of it is essentially a mirror image of the one you drew originally

Okay thanks :smile: MS doesn't really say anything on it
Original post by ToLiveInADream
??

No 7)d)? :/
Original post by rory58824
Please let's not talk about plants here, I'm sick of them in biology.

IAA is a growth factor which stimulates growth in the shoot and inihibits growth in the root. It is produced in the shoot and root tips and moves across a plant via diffusion
I'm actually so bored of revising chemistry
Original post by thad33
I'm actually so bored of revising chemistry

Same

I'm bored of revising everything

I bet I'll regret saying this later
Same

I'm bored of revising everything

I bet I'll regret saying this later

I'm going through papers and skipping like 60% of the questions because there's literally no thought process when answering the questions. I just know I'll get stuck on a question in the real exam and be annoyed that I didn't learn more.

If anyone wants to throw about some tricky questions and upload your solutions and we'll go back and forth with it. Sounds better than answering a question on the electron configuration of Cu2+ etc
AqsaMx is actually doing me a favour asking questions. Keep them coming
Reply 478
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/79734-question-paper-unit-f325-equilibria-energetics-and-elements.pdf

Can anyone explain question 3 (e) (ii)

I get that Cl- is in a 1:2 ratio with the complex but I don't understand how this shows there's only 1 Cl- in the complex??
Can anyone explains this please?
Original post by AqsaMx
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/79734-question-paper-unit-f325-equilibria-energetics-and-elements.pdf

Can anyone explain question 3 (e) (ii)

I get that Cl- is in a 1:2 ratio with the complex but I don't understand how this shows there's only 1 Cl- in the complex??
Can anyone explains this please?

Complex reacts 1:2 with silver nitrate. Only complex with 2 aqueous Cl- ions is B

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending