The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 27 2016 and Depth - June 10 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know what the grade boundaies would be for an A? Our teacher said its unlikely to be 80% as it usually is because its a new spec but im not too convinced? Im worried I might just slip below the grade boundary if its truly 80%
Original post by 11...
for the enthalpy profile diagram. did u put N2 (g) and O2(g) as the reactants and N2O2 (g) as product.
and +82kjmol-1 was the enthalpy change right

I'm sure it was N2(g) + 1/2O2(g) and on products N2O(g)
Original post by Jaysal63
Does anyone know what the grade boundaies would be for an A? Our teacher said its unlikely to be 80% as it usually is because its a new spec but im not too convinced? Im worried I might just slip below the grade boundary if its truly 80%

I think 80% is a fair bet because both papers weren't that hard. It might be 77% but don't think it's going to be much lower than that
Original post by asinghj
I think 80% is a fair bet because both papers weren't that hard. It might be 77% but don't think it's going to be much lower than that

Urgh thats a shame ill be either relieved or suicidal on results day then
Reply 1144

I think I've got around 113/140. It is tight. Hopefully grade boundaries will be low enough
Original post by SGHD26716
I think I've got around 113/140. It is tight. Hopefully grade boundaries will be low enough

on the depth im floating around 55 ish hopefully i did better in the breadth
Reply 1146
well scared for results day. I need AAAA in order to get into medicine really. hope the grade boundaries are low as well, cos these unis like UCL look at the ums as well. that is how deep medicine is. omg
(edited 7 years ago)

You'll be fine don't worry
Reply 1148
S1 next week. how r u guys feeling about that if you do maths??? Maths is the easiest subject I take I reckon. C1 and C2 banged, although there are comments about the C1 being nasty, and I checked the unofficial mark scheme and it was great. hope the same for S1 .
to get an A* at A level, you need to get 80% average across all 6 modules c1, c2, s1, c3, c4, m1. and 90% average between c3 and c4. so c3 and c4 are the most important.
Original post by 11...
S1 next week. how r u guys feeling about that if you do maths??? Maths is the easiest subject I take I reckon. C1 and C2 banged, although there are comments about the C1 being nasty, and I checked the unofficial mark scheme and it was great. hope the same for S1 .
to get an A* at A level, you need to get 80% average across all 6 modules c1, c2, s1, c3, c4, m1. and 90% average between c3 and c4. so c3 and c4 is the most important.

Yeah I agree, c1 and c2 were good. M1 was also good so hopefully s1 will be the same next week. And then d1 will hopefully be good but never know with that one. Good luck. Do you think you did well today?
Reply 1150
Original post by alfmeister
Yeah I agree, c1 and c2 were good. M1 was also good so hopefully s1 will be the same next week. And then d1 will hopefully be good but never know with that one. Good luck. Do you think you did well today?

yeah it went really well. in fact better than the breadth. what about u?
Does anyone know when we get the results ??
Original post by 11...
yeah it went really well. in fact better than the breadth. what about u?

Good to hear, yeah it went well today. I think I I lost 5-7 marks on silly things. Also depends how strict they are
Reply 1153
august 18th results day :smile: at the same time :frown:
Reply 1154
less hydrogen is produced because there are fewer moles of the metal used.
do u think I got the mark or do I have to say cos the atom has a larger relative atomic mass as well for only a mark, cos u know ocr can be soooooooooooooooooooo specific in the newwwww spec
Original post by 11...
less hydrogen is produced because there are fewer moles of the metal used.
do u think I got the mark or do I have to say cos the atom has a larger relative atomic mass as well for only a mark, cos u know ocr can be soooooooooooooooooooo specific in the newwwww spec

we don't know as the mocks weren't properly standardised etc

I just road loads extra to ensure I get a mark (without wrong info ofc!)
Original post by 11...
for the difference between sigma and pi bond. I put sigma bond has a higher electron density than the pi bond. do u guys think i got a mark here

No, a pi bond does not have a higher electron density.

A double bond (i.e a sigma + pi) has a higher electron density than a single bond.

I spoke about the distribution of the electron density.
Original post by harryleavey
No, a pi bond does not have a higher electron density.

A double bond (i.e a sigma + pi) has a higher electron density than a single bond.

I spoke about the distribution of the electron density.

I think the simple definitions would be enough, so I wrote
sigma bond is direct overlap of orbitals and pi bond is sideways overlap of p orbitals
Reply 1158
Unofficial mark scheme for this paper??
Do you think that me writing that the bond enthalpy for sigma is stronger than pi bond for the difference is correct or not

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending