The Student Room Group

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ranz
but how would u know its a cylic and not just 2 joined tigether in a striaght chain?

Posted from TSR Mobile

the question have said that you cannot draw polymers i think. m/z value of glumatic acid= 147, so you cannot do anything with a straight chain.
any F324 predictions for tomorrow guys? teachers say anything?
The exam is in the afternoon right
Original post by bakedbeans247
any F324 predictions for tomorrow guys? teachers say anything?

well pretty much everything comes up in one form or the other always
Reply 1084
Original post by justthatboy
The exam is in the afternoon right

yhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have a link to the June 2015 paper and mark scheme?
Original post by tcameron
well pretty much everything comes up in one form or the other always

Yeah but this is the last one, so anything that hasn't come up yet, that hasn't been asked about yet, will probs come up, though unlike biology ocr, i think everything has been asked!

Btw whats the hardest f324 paper in your opinion?
Yeah but this is the last one, so anything that hasn't come up yet, that hasn't been asked about yet, will probs come up, though unlike biology ocr, i think everything has been asked!

Last year's paper was pretty tough imo
Original post by M.Branson98

I agree last years paper was ridiculously hard. Like I've done all of the past papers in around 50 minutes but this one took me the full time and i left a question out. Also think it's ridiculous how the grade boundaries are the same as for 2013/21014 when it as clearly harder.
feel sorry for those who sat that paper.. hope ours is better...
If I revise anymore of F324 my brain will explode

Just gonna watch today's GoT and wander off to bio for an hour and a half

Evidently it was super tough for me too! Back here again resitting...but i just went over it and it's seemed okay! And my favorite topics came up too. Not sure how i went wrong last yr...gl!
Original post by CalistaJupiter
I agree last years paper was ridiculously hard. Like I've done all of the past papers in around 50 minutes but this one took me the full time and i left a question out. Also think it's ridiculous how the grade boundaries are the same as for 2013/21014 when it as clearly harder.
feel sorry for those who sat that paper.. hope ours is better...

I completely agree, there were so many confusing and difficult questions and not to mention that NMR question at the end...
Yeah, hopefully ours tomorrow won't be quite as bad.
Can't take anymore of F324, need to rest my brain...
Original post by KB_97
AQA papers are so much harder. If you want to practise harder questions try them out.

Actually, I think AQA chemistry questions are the same, some questions are actually easier
I completely agree, there were so many confusing and difficult questions and not to mention that NMR question at the end...
Yeah, hopefully ours tomorrow won't be quite as bad.

Exactly, the main problem was that over all of the other past papers there are so many recurring questions but last years paper had so many new things we don't learn about which is fine and all but they were only worth one or two marks but took way more than two minutes to think about ;(
However seeing as it's the last year of this syllabus I think OCR are going to come up with something horrible
Reply 1095
guys what would proton nmr peak for phenol look like, would it be a broad singlet like for -oh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys how would you draw the optical isomer if there's two chiral centres?

E.g CH3CH(OH)CH(NH2)CH3

Can anyone show me how the optical isomers would look?

Oh never mind, I forgot 2 chiral centres results in 4 optical isomers :colondollar:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1097
Original post by AqsaMx
Guys how would you draw the optical isomer if there's two chiral centres?

E.g CH3CH(OH)CH(NH2)CH3

Can anyone show me how the optical isomers would look?

For two chiral centres, there will be 4 isomers.

Original post by ranz
guys what would proton nmr peak for phenol look like, would it be a broad singlet like for -ohPosted from TSR Mobile

last years was the worst
But i think june 2010 was pretty hard as
Original post by alow
For two chiral centres, there will be 4 isomers.

with 2 chiral centres would you then split up the structure?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending