The Student Room Group

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tcameron
last years was the worst
But i think june 2010 was pretty hard as

Ah ok, ill check it out to see if i've done it! Yeah i'm resitting from that paper :tongue: But i went through it today, it's not that bad you know!
Original post by AqsaMx
Guys how would you draw the optical isomer if there's two chiral centres?

E.g CH3CH(OH)CH(NH2)CH3

Can anyone show me how the optical isomers would look?

Oh never mind, I forgot 2 chiral centres results in 4 optical isomers :colondollar:

is this two of the 4? https://gyazo.com/7827531e86b2535c247acc6342d4b92d
guys do you any other specification that does proton nmr and what paper is it?
Original post by aydin124
guys do you any other specification that does proton nmr and what paper is it?

aqa - all their papers
Does anyone have the chemistry 2015 papers that you could kindly link please?
Thanks.
image.jpg

Is this compound called methylbenzyl benzoate?
Original post by bakedbeans247
Evidently it was super tough for me too! Back here again resitting...but i just went over it and it's seemed okay! And my favorite topics came up too. Not sure how i went wrong last yr...gl!

Me too bro :biggrin:. You fasting? It's hard to study and fast lol I'd assume your Muslim from your pic lol.
Either way this paper I think will be okay. Last year I got a U, redid the paper eariler and I got an A. Still though, exam pressure will make it so much harder to remember basic stuff!

I think I'm gonna get at worst C at best A.
Original post by AqsaMx
Guys how would you draw the optical isomer if there's two chiral centres?

E.g CH3CH(OH)CH(NH2)CH3

Can anyone show me how the optical isomers would look?

Oh never mind, I forgot 2 chiral centres results in 4 optical isomers :colondollar:

These 4?
Original post by AqsaMx
image.jpg

I'd say so.
When you have a salt of an amine e.g ethylammonium chloride, where do you put the positive charge? Is it on the N or what?
Reply 1110
Original post by M.Branson98
When you have a salt of an amine e.g ethylammonium chloride, where do you put the positive charge? Is it on the N or what?

Should be the N as this is what's accepted the proton (H^+)
Original post by AqsaMx
image.jpg

According to wikipedia, it would be called benzyl benzoate.
Reply 1112
i guess what messed me up was realising what peak was due to HC-C-N ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465832224.243026.jpg how did u guys know it was the singlet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
any F324 predictions for tomorrow guys? teachers say anything?

teacher said there is gonna be an nmr for amides or halogenoalkanes.
Original post by ranz
i guess what messed me up was realising what peak was due to HC-C-N ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465832224.243026.jpg how did u guys know it was the singlet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

no neighbouring protons. one of the R1/ R2 is just a CH3. it is attached to another C and double bond with N. so no H beside.
Original post by M.Branson98

preferably N but they don't penalise on that
Original post by lai812matthew

Oh really? Cool. Bit random, how'd she guess that it would be about those molecules exactly? lol Thanks though!
Oh really? Cool. Bit random, how'd she guess that it would be about those molecules exactly? lol Thanks though!

cuz it never came up in any papers before, and the exam board will try to catch people out with things that are never examined before. another thing i thought is how to distinguish a compound with stereoisomers and a compound without it. the answer is plane polarised light. and the racemic mixture thingy. it appears at AQA every year but never in OCR even though it is in the textbook!
Original post by lai812matthew

how do you predict that? .....
any F324 predictions for tomorrow guys? teachers say anything?

I'm thinking triglycerides/fatty acids in some form. Hasn't come up in 3 years

trans fats increase low density lipoproteins/'bad cholesterol' and lead to coronary heart disease / strokes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending