The Student Room Group

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Yes you will get ecf
Could someone please post a link to an unofficial markscheme that people can't edit? The googledocs one is a shambles haha
Original post by izaa29
For the percentage yield question I got something like 7.26 g

Omds I feel like I'm the only one who failed this paper

It was easy but I made so many silly mistakes :frown: I'm so upset now

I got something like that too I think! Everyone else seems to have got 2.66g but I have no clue how! Can anyone explain how they did it?
For the seven mark question at the end

the Alcohol: CH3CHOHCH(CH3)2

the Ketone: CH3COCH(CH3)2

the Carboxylic Acid: CH3CH2COOH

the Ester: CH3CH2COOCHCH3CH(CH3)2 (not sure of the structural formula of the ester) pls correct it
Original post by milutin767
what was that thing for lactic acid in bacteria/by chemical synthesis? i said something about getting a pure product rather than a mixture of products...

1 Optical isomer in fermentation. 2 OI in chemical syntheses.
1465919140947-1446831368.jpg did anyone get these ?
Reply 1906
If you get the compound F wrong, but were able to to do all the other compounds with ecf marks, how many marks out of 7 would you get?
Reply 1907
Was great banter 61/60 for a u
Original post by Iamjos
But you dont know if the alkene groups are cis or trans. thats why I think its the saturated fatty acid

Yes! I was the only one who put stearic acid out of my friends. Surely the saturated fatty acid is worse for you than the unsaturated fatty acids!?
Original post by Gj-98

totes agreed
Original post by Kflexman
Yes! I was the only one who put stearic acid out of my friends. Surely the saturated fatty acid is worse for you than the unsaturated fatty acids!?

I put saturated

But was nervous as the following questions were about it.
Original post by four4
If you get the compound F wrong, but were able to to do all the other compounds with ecf marks, how many marks out of 7 would you get?

Maybe 4-5 ? I got F wrong also dw
Original post by Gj-98

it is hard
Original post by Kflexman

Yes the saturated is worse, I put that, you are correct
Original post by yoda123
so pissed off because I only realised it was 4 carbon environments when she blew the whistle so I only got the marks for H on that one...
Didn't get the diester or the NH2 impurity one or J
What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be and did u find it harder than last year's paper? If the grade boundary is like 51 for an A i'm ****ed

I got 2.66

omg exactly the same for the carbon environments one! I'm really annoyed at myself because i figured it out so quickly after the whistle went! How many marks do you think we'd get for getting H only?
Reply 1915
Original post by jadder1224

Yup 👌🏽
Original post by ShannonD_1697
I got something like that too I think! Everyone else seems to have got 2.66g but I have no clue how! Can anyone explain how they did it?

3/93 x 0.61 x 135

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1917
Original post by FluffyCommie
For the seven mark question at the end

the Alcohol: CH3CHOHCH(CH3)2

the Ketone: CH3COCH(CH3)2

the Carboxylic Acid: CH3CH2COOH

the Ester: CH3CH2COOCHCH3CH(CH3)2 (not sure of the structural formula of the ester) pls correct it

Does it matter if you put the alcohol 'backwards' ie CH3CH(CH3)CH(OH)CH3
Original post by President J
1 Optical isomer in fermentation. 2 OI in chemical syntheses.

Thank god. Nothing to do with one being natural and the other artificial?
Reply 1919
Original post by jadder1224

Your not the only one, I did!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending