The Student Room Group

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by calcumm
Did you HAVE to include the Cl- ion on the NH3+ group for the acid hydrolysis question?

the unofficial mark scheme says its optional
Original post by calcumm
Did you HAVE to include the Cl- ion on the NH3+ group for the acid hydrolysis question?

They didnt expect you to any other year so im guessing not
Mistakes I made that I know of:

-called "Amide" functional group "Peptide" - 1 mark
-calculated the Mr wrong on the yield question - 2 marks because I didn't write down the Mr I got
-Conditions of forming amine from halide - 1 mark
-Ester bonds probs not shown clearly enough - I wrote the molecule 100% skeletal - 1 mark
-Chiral carbons on tripeptide

idk about anything else but I'm pretty sure I've made other stupid mistakes - I always do. After all, I finished with 25 mins to spare (the woman gave me a funny look like 'you finished already, dickhead?':wink: and then I was just reading the incorrect answers I gave like 'you sure that's right' but alas, I'm sure I've done at least meh. Need a B ideally.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Guarddogbarney
They didnt expect you to any other year so im guessing not

It's one of those things they'll change on the mark scheme depending on how people performed.
Anyway...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NBegquhJRM
Guys if you got compound F wrong the secondary alcohol being drawn a as pentan-2-ol instead and you use this principle for G and I, how many marks would I lose out of 7?? I got props pic acid correct, ECF?? Please reply
Original post by Reg1234567890
Guys if you got compound F wrong the secondary alcohol being drawn a as pentan-2-ol instead and you use this principle for G and I, how many marks would I lose out of 7?? I got props pic acid correct, ECF?? Please reply

*propanoic acid
Same, I dont think it's ECF though
I made the same mistake
It wasn't even a hard question which makes it even more frustrating
Original post by tomlam

-calculated the Mr wrong on the yield question - 2 marks because I didn't write down the Mr I got
-Ester bonds probs not shown clearly enough - I wrote the molecule 100% skeletal - 1 mark

idk about anything else but I'm pretty sure I've made other stupid mistakes - I always do. After all, I finished with 25 mins to spare (the woman gave me a funny look like 'you finished already, dickhead?':wink: and then I was just reading the incorrect answers I gave like 'you sure that's right' but alas, I'm sure I've done at least meh. Need a B ideally.

Peptide has been allowed in every mark scheme.
Original post by yoda123
I made the same mistake

I know we're not the only ones:/ so you think we've lost 4 marks?? I think it could be ECF I hope so because if not I have 47/60 don't think that'll be an A:frown:

Made exactly the same mistake. Provided you got the carboxylic acid right, I think ECF would give 4-5/7
Original post by yoda123

Where can I find the unofficial mark scheme?
You guys it won't be 50 for an A, more like 48 maximum it wasn't an easy paper looking at everyone's responses and you have to remember that more than 25000 people take this exam all of which don't comment on here😂
Reply 2452
Can someone send me the link to the unofficial mark scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tomlam

-1 first qs
-1 use of nylon
-2 dissolve stitches
-1 hydrolysis of peptides

haha no A* definitely now
Original post by yoda123

Who put up the unofficial mark scheme? Could you link it please?

Original post by yoda123
I made the same mistake

Original post by TChowdhury28
Where can I find the unofficial mark scheme?

Original post by AJtheconfusedcat
Who put up the unofficial mark scheme? Could you link it please?

Mark scheme https://goo.gl/gEi388
lol completely stuffed up on the dissolvable stitches and possibly all the nmr stuff 😂

I did the carboxylic acid thingy too so maybe like 4 marks in that one and I stuffed up the calc in that 7 marker too.
(edited 7 years ago)
never seen a paper where the very first question cause that great debate lol
Guys how many marks was the 3 chiral carbon question?
Original post by Can't think name
Guys how many marks was the 3 chiral carbon question?

The one where you had to draw it and * the choral carbons? That one was [2] so I'd imagine one mark for the molecule and one for the correct chiral carbons.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending