The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 27 2016 and Depth - June 10 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by asinghj
😂😂 I already have mate, BEFORE the exam I was helping on here😂😂

Please don't call me mate. You may call me sir.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TeachChemistry
Please don't call me mate. You may call me sir.

http://giphy.com/gifs/laughing-futurama-bender-OvL3qHSMO6uaI

I assume you've been able to compare the IR graphs and the mass spectrum graphs?

It had a large peak at 43 didn't it - this is more likely to form for a more stable alkyl fragment as well (excluding the info they said under the graphs about it being a secondary carbocation anyway) ?

Why can't anyone agree with this question? It was relatively straight forward compared to even some of the past big spectroscopy questions (which weren't too hard as well!)
Original post by Jitesh
I assume you've been able to compare the IR graphs and the mass spectrum graphs?

It had a large peak at 43 didn't it - this is more likely to form for a more stable alkyl fragment as well (excluding the info they said under the graphs about it being a secondary carbocation anyway) ?

Why can't anyone agree with this question? It was relatively straight forward compared to even some of the past big spectroscopy questions (which weren't too hard as well!)

Indeed I have. They are EXACTLY the same for methylpropanoic acid. People don't want to accept it because they don't want to be wrong. That's it.

As I said before though it is shocking that teachers are getting this wrong. I feel sorry for their students.

Of course I am serious! Did your mother not teach you to show respect for your elders and betters?
Original post by MrDogg
What does everyone predict for grade boundaries?

105-107 for an A I think. One of my teachers laughed when i asked her if she thinks the grade boundaries will be 85% for an A because she's marking them already.
Original post by Smile Generator
105-107 for an A I think. One of my teachers laughed when i asked her if she thinks the grade boundaries will be 85% for an A because she's marking them already.

It will be lower than that.

Wait what why did your teacher laugh?
(edited 7 years ago)
Of course I am serious! Did your mother not teach you to show respect for your elders and betters?

are you ducking kinding me? Did your mother not teach you how to respect others? It clearly doesn't look like
Original post by nwmyname

She laughed because she's an examiner and a lot of the people she's marked have done badly :smile:
Reply 1489
She laughed because she's an examiner and a lot of the people she's marked have done badly :smile:

Are you serious?
If this is true then low grade boundaries.
Original post by SGHD26716
Are you serious?
If this is true then low grade boundaries.

Fantastic news. (not for the people, but for the grade boundaries)
Original post by asinghj
are you ducking kinding me? Did your mother not teach you how to respect others? It clearly doesn't look like

Let's look back over the exchanges between you and me. Let us see who was the first to be rude. You will find it was you young man.
Let's look back over the exchanges between you and me. Let us see who was the first to be rude. You will find it was you young man.

What? I just said the truth (your first helpful comment). I called ya mate (why should I call you sir if you are NOT my teacher? At my college we don't say sir either). Then you started bringing up my mother and what she taught me into the conversation... I think it's pretty clear who started
Original post by asinghj
What? I just said the truth (your first helpful comment). I called ya mate (why should I call you sir if you are NOT my teacher? At my college we don't say sir either). Then you started bringing up my mother and what she taught me into the conversation... I think it's pretty clear who started

You clearly have a problem facing the fact that your very first message to me was purposely antagonistic. There was no need for you to comment at all. You were jumping on the previous exchanges I had with posters who are now on my ignore list. Since you seem to be unable to accept that, you will also be added to my ignore list. Post what you like now because I will not be responding to you again.

Lol ask her what she thinks they'll be
Original post by nwmyname

why would it be lower than 105 that's like 75%
Original post by James3000117
Something to do with the statement at the bottom of the page, the peak with the highest abundance was caused by a secondary carbocation. Honestly I don't understand the significance but the only reason i think they would put that in is that there would be more than 1 possibility, so its either one or the other. I wrote butanoic myself

I thought because of the secondary carbocation the fragment had to be a propyl ion, which could only come from the unbranched butanoic acid
Original post by asinghj
I think butanoic acid would be 5/6 marks because it clearly mentioned secondary carbonation

Propyl ion = secondary carbocation, and comes from butanoic acid
Original post by h3rmit
Propyl ion = secondary carbocation, and comes from butanoic acid

image.jpg
Original post by ronnydandam
why would it be lower than 105 that's like 75%

First spec students tend to earn less than 75% overall.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending