The Student Room Group

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Hi has anyone got the 2015 F325 mark scheme??
image.jpeg
Can someone help me with this question please?
Original post by TOMWIGHT
Hi has anyone got the 2015 F325 mark scheme??

Is the paper floating about also??
Original post by Dinasaurus
I thought any transition metal could give any complex?

Posted from TSR Mobile

like there is only [Fe(NH3)4(H2O)2]n+ complexes but not [Fe(NH3)6]n+ complexes.
Original post by KB_97
image.jpeg

feo4^2-

There's not much to explain as you kinda just have to remember that feo4 is ferrate ion and it says the charge of iron in the ion is 6+
Original post by mamounaltayeb
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466527008.813326.jpgCan someone explain this

Posted from TSR Mobile

The student is implying that a weak acid will react less than a strong acid because it has less H+ ions, i.e.: it would form less salt and water than a reaction with strong acid and alkali.

However this is not true. All acids react with alkalis regardless of whether the acid is weak or strong. All the acid will react with a given alkali (given its moles are not limiting). However, the only difference is that a strong acid starts off with a greater amount of H+ in solution because it dissociates completely, but a weak acid only has a small amount of dissociation (less H+ conc in solution). But, as the reaction proceeds, the H+ will be used up in reaction causing it's concentration to decrease. By Chateliar's principle, the weak acid would dissociate more to oppose change of reduced H+. Therefore, all the weak acid will eventually dissociate and react with alkali.

Weak acids just take longer to react, but the reaction is the same. Hence why the student is incorrect with their statement.

Hope this helps!! :smile:
Any predictions for tomorrow?
Original post by KB_97
image.jpeg

What oxidation state of iron can we associate with red?
Ignore that read it wrong
What does VI mean?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Magicalgeofray
Is the paper floating about also??

I've attached F325 June 2015 official paper and mark scheme for those of you all that are asking :smile:
Original post by KB_97
image.jpeg

ferrate (VI). fe have od of 6. total charge= -2. 6+n= -2, n= -8, one oxygen charge: -2.
-8/-2 =4. feo4 2- confirmed.
Original post by Roses98
I've attached F325 June 2015 official paper and mark scheme for those of you all that are asking :smile:

Cheers boi
Original post by sunsri101
I did that question and got 0.013 mol/dm^3. I'm pretty sure the answer is wrong by 1 d.p.

I got the same, don't understand the ms
Please can someone explain why you multiply the solar energy by 6? Im really confused
Please dont say becausr theres 6 moles of co2 reacting

DeltaH= -q/n
To figure out moles you do, -q/deltaH
I dont understand why you need to multiply the solar energy by 6.
Does it somehow imply that the solar energy is only for 1 mole of co2?
Attachment not found
Original post by asunny465
Please can someone explain why you multiply the solar energy by 6? Im really confused
Please dont say becausr theres 6 moles of co2 reacting

DeltaH= -q/n
To figure out moles you do, -q/deltaH
I dont understand why you need to multiply the solar energy by 6.
Does it somehow imply that the solar energy is only for 1 mole of co2?
Attachment not found

glucose for photosynthesis
One thing that's always confused me is, if you got an octahedral complex with 2 monodentates and 2 bidentates, then in the trans form, is there still optical isomerism? I know the cis form definitely does but since this molecule is symmetrical, it doesn't seem to make sense to be considered a 'separate' optical isomer.
Original post by Serine Soul
What oxidation state of iron can we associate with red?
Ignore that read it wrong
What does VI mean?

I don't think the red colour is what's useful to deduce the formula. The VI is the critical information. It tells you about the oxidation state of Fe. VI means +6. Plugging this in and considering the overall -2 charge should help you work it out.

If the question were to say IV or V, you can deduce that Fe would be +4 or +5 oxidation state respectively. :smile:
Original post by KB_97
image.jpeg

FeO42-

because Fe has to be +6 charge
Oxygen is usually -2 and the only way to make the overall charge at 2- is to to (4x-2) + 6
Do we have to know about half neutralisation?
Original post by megafidget
One thing that's always confused me is, if you got an octahedral complex with 2 monodentates and 2 bidentates, then in the trans form, is there still optical isomerism? I know the cis form definitely does but since this molecule is symmetrical, it doesn't seem to make sense to be considered a 'separate' optical isomer.

Yes - you can get an optical isomer. It's literally a mirror image of the trans!
Original post by VMD100
Nope
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/chemical/electrode.html

This diagram is clearer
diagram.jpg
The reactions we are doing generate electrical energy, not require it.

Do we need to know anything about electrolytic cells or do we need to know both?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No optical isomers of the trans form.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending