The Student Room Group

How did everyone find the AQA graphics exam?

I honestly did so awful on it, I hated the one point perspective drawing and I think 2 hours wasn't enough time to complete the exam at all. I think I'll be lucky to scrape a C/D in all fairness
I barely finished in time! I had about two minutes to spare. For the most part, it was a little easier than I expected since I did so terribly on the mocks (this time I'd actually done revision!) but it still wasn't easy. I think I managed the perspective drawing in the end. The flow chart threw me off (I'd completely forgotten about flow charts and I did some random thing in thirty seconds which will barely get me a mark, nevermind nine) and even the train colouring stumped me! Like, how do you draw wood? How do you draw foam? There was some stuff I did expect, and some stuff I didn't, but I'm feeling around B/A, hopefully.

I'm sure you did fine! Lots of people seemed to find it pretty difficult so they might lower the grade boundaries. At least you've got it over with now, good job :-)
Reply 2
Original post by saladays
I barely finished in time! I had about two minutes to spare. For the most part, it was a little easier than I expected since I did so terribly on the mocks (this time I'd actually done revision!) but it still wasn't easy. I think I managed the perspective drawing in the end. The flow chart threw me off (I'd completely forgotten about flow charts and I did some random thing in thirty seconds which will barely get me a mark, nevermind nine) and even the train colouring stumped me! Like, how do you draw wood? How do you draw foam? There was some stuff I did expect, and some stuff I didn't, but I'm feeling around B/A, hopefully.

I'm sure you did fine! Lots of people seemed to find it pretty difficult so they might lower the grade boundaries. At least you've got it over with now, good job :-)

It's good you feel so confident about it! Confidence is key and I hope you get that B/A grade :biggrin:

The train one stumped me as well tbh and the flow chart. I was hoping designers would come up as I'm fairly confident with them but alas, not my lucky day haha.

Thanks dude! Congratulations on yours and I hope you get the result you want :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest