The Student Room Group

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maisym00
Pretty sure the reagent was starch and the observation was blue/black to colourless. You can type it into YouTube and see the end point; and that's what happened

yeah ya dun dun, did this practical in school so was a bit surprised seeing people put other stuff
Original post by swopnil
Yeah, agree it was quite easy but stop being obtuse! :smile:

Obtuse? Am i an angle fam?:colonhash:
Reply 3502
Original post by BioStudentx
I think it's -2? You're making me doubt myself now aha.

It was 2- don't worry😊
The ligand had a 2- charge and there were 2 of them bound to a Cu2+ ion
"you will never be asked to make multi-step reaction mechanisms that are more than two stages"

k den
It was -2 because the group that was attached to it was -2 and there was two of them so +2-4 = -2. Well thats what i did anyways

I think it's -2? You're making me doubt myself now aha.
Original post by Brandoncarlin
I don't remember H+ being in the rate equation, only H2O2 and I-

You do need 2 I- there was 2 I- in the overall equation...
I don't remember H+ being in the rate equation, only H2O2 and I-

sorry my bad, the other I- was in the given equation
Reply 3507
For the multi step reaction mechanism, did anyone else get 2 of the steps the same?

H^+ + OH^- ---> H2O

Spent about 5 minutes checking and everything cancelled to give the overall equation
They gave entropy change and you had enthalpy change of solution. The entropy change was 0.22 something (I think)?

I got -43 roughly.

Yeah, I converted KJ to J and got -43000.
Reply 3509
So I thought I did okay in that exam up until reading through this thread :smile:
Need 2I- on the left-hand side

The guy that wrote that accidentally put H+ instead of I- so both methods are correct
Original post by sophiewei
I put alkali. Because i worked out neutral ph as 6.5 so 7 is greater than 6.5 therefor alkali.

i did the same thing too. i think they should credit that responce
Did the empirical formula ask for the charge as well?
What was the answer to the colour of the CuCl4 ligand as it wasnt mentioned that excess HCl was used?
Original post by cr7alwayz
Did the empirical formula ask for the charge as well?

Yeah, I think so. I think I put 2-.

Original post by underestimate
What was the answer to the colour of the CuCl4 ligand as it wasnt mentioned that excess HCl was used?
I thought it was just yellow.
Original post by BrownGuyIrfan
"you will never be asked to make multi-step reaction mechanisms that are more than two stages"

k den

Hahaha, that question took the piss! Does it actually say that? I mean tbf, you did only fill in 2 steps, the other 2 were given to you.
Original post by k.russell
Agreed! Definitely not harder than last years and won't have higher UMS I think it will be around 90->82>76... -> 150>135>120

I was thinking around the same!

Yellow?

The colour of the ligand is still yellow. The queen colour is just because both complex ions are in the mixture (it's an equilibrium)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dairychocolate
Yeah, I think so. I think I put 2-.

I thought it was just yellow.

Thats what I originally thought, but changed it to green.
Should hav just stuck with yellow!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending