The Student Room Group

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3900
Original post by GillyTheGhillie
You see, this is my problem, it IS their fault, if you don't know the specification like the back of your hand, and then some, you HAVE NOT done enough revision, none of the calculations were complicated, nothing was off-spec, none of the questions were worded badly, this wasn't some wet and oily lap in the reasonably priced car, this was perfect conditions, it was the choice of every student whether they wanted to drive the reliant robin (not revise) or a McLaren 675LT (revise).

My daughter felt this was a good paper, she was well prepared and came out feeling happy, However she was kind enough to empathise with her fellow class mates, some of whom have difficult situations. Perhaps it is better to remain silent if you are unable to be supportive. Isn't that what this site is also about!
4Au + 8CN- + O2 + 2H20 = 4[Au(CN)2]- + 4OH-
Found it @alu4days this is what I had as well I'm pretty sure
Also for the catalyst I think there are several valid points, such as;
1) It is in the overall reaction equation
2) Not regenerated
3) Has no impact on rate of reaction
I went for the third option, have a nasty feeling you may need more than 1 answer for the mark
Original post by BioStudentx
It was neutral until the people who found it hard started attacking everyone else. Not cool to take your anger out on others.

It wasn't neutral it was alkaline [OH-]>[H+]
Original post by leobrave

:gigg:

legit what I was thinking :tongue:
Original post by Hixy
My daughter felt this was a good paper, she was well prepared and came out feeling happy, However she was kind enough to empathise with her fellow class mates, some of whom have difficult situations. Perhaps it is better to remain silent if you are unable to be supportive. Isn't that what this site is also about!

yeah this is what this site should be about..... , you don't know hardcore TSR people much i guess. don't take it too serious for comments in internet lol.
Original post by leobrave

I was referring to the arguments occurring in the forum.

But yes it was alkaline and I still don't understand why.
Original post by A Slice of Pi
It seems as though you've done so much 'revision' that your social skills are suffering. In what way are those posts helpful or constructive to people on here looking for answers/support? They serve absolutely no purpose other than to massage one's ego. I mean are you seriously that arrogant? Shocking... :facepalm:

What's more shocking is that people like you are still falling for these trolls... After every exam (regardless of difficulty or exam board) they do the same thing in each forum...

It's great banter though.

Kw = [OH-][H+]

Kw and ph given. Rearrange formula to obtain [OH-]. Compared with [H+] (worked out by 10^-ph), [OH] > [H+], thereby making the solution alkaline...
Original post by lolo11
Kw = [OH-][H+]

Kw and ph given. Rearrange formula to obtain [OH-]. Compared with [H+] (worked out by 10^-ph), [OH] > [H+], thereby making the solution alkaline...

Oh ****. I did exactly that except I said Kw/10^-7 is H+ and not OH-. Oh dear haha.
Oh ****. I did exactly that except I said Kw/10^-7 is H+ and not OH-. Oh dear haha.

Easy mistake. Don't worry- think it was just like 1 or 2 marks. Everyone is going to make silly mistakes somewhere XD
In comparion to 2015. Harder or easier? Am I retarded to think the grade boundaries will be 75 for an A?

wanna know a worse mistake? I worked out [OH-] and [H+] then decided that 9.4x10^-7 was a smaller number than 10^-7......
Original post by k.russell
you're right, CuI is insoluble in water dw
I was doing it right at the end cos I was doing the ionic equation for the question above (which asked for some other full equation) and realised my mistake with about 10 seconds left lol

What question is this?
Original post by Slenderman
In comparion to 2015. Harder or easier? Am I retarded to think the grade boundaries will be 75 for an A?

slightly harder, 85-A*, 77-A just what I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got 10.76 instead of 10.68 for one of the ph calculation... not sure where I went wrong tho...
Original post by MrZebraCookie
What question is this?

excess KI + copper (II) ions --> solid copper(I) iodide + iodide ion i think.
the same experiment come up a couple years ago i think.

Yeah I know sorry, I was just trolling:frown:
Original post by lai812matthew
excess KI + copper (II) ions --> solid copper(I) iodide + iodide ion i think.
the same experiment come up a couple years ago i think.

I don't even remember this being asked. Do you know where it was in the paper?
Original post by lolo11
Easy mistake. Don't worry- think it was just like 1 or 2 marks. Everyone is going to make silly mistakes somewhere XD

Original post by k.russell
wanna know a worse mistake? I worked out [OH-] and [H+] then decided that 9.4x10^-7 was a smaller number than 10^-7......

Haha, upon reflection I lost 4 marks to stupid mistakes (and 2 marks I didn't genuinely know).

Oh dear, this paper got a bit harder all of a sudden :laugh:

Concentration levels are bound to drop during a pressurised 2 hour exam tbf.
Original post by MrZebraCookie
I don't even remember this being asked. Do you know where it was in the paper?

last question when they ask you ionic equation with state symbol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending