The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry B (Salters) F334/F335 Exam Thread 2016 (14th/22nd June)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Original post by Kira Yagami
wow, thanks. So what were the main revision guides that you used and did you do all the questions in these books too. also do you have the packs your teacher gave you for the past paper questions and did you do old spec papers too?

Any other tips please? I'm retaking. Thanks A LOT!

I can try get on the system and download them all for you?
Didn't do any old spec papers because they were different but a lot of the questions were still relevant in the packs.

Mainly used chemical ideas for getting a grasp and reminding myself of the theories again. Also used the OCR "Chemistry for Salters" revision guide for A2. Didn't bother with those questions but I know other people did, I really found it easier to revise from doing past questions and mark schemes, but that's just my own preference.
Original post by vca
I can try get on the system and download them all for you?
Didn't do any old spec papers because they were different but a lot of the questions were still relevant in the packs.

Mainly used chemical ideas for getting a grasp and reminding myself of the theories again. Also used the OCR "Chemistry for Salters" revision guide for A2. Didn't bother with those questions but I know other people did, I really found it easier to revise from doing past questions and mark schemes, but that's just my own preference.

I would REALLY appreciate if you did that, there is no rush. thanks a lot mate, I really appreciate you helping me. Did you do the questions in the chemical ideas books too ( the thick black and white book right)

Also is there anything you would advise that i should do, I'm retaking and really want an A*.

How did you did you do in other subjects and what uni are you going to and what will you study?
Reply 822
I would REALLY appreciate if you did that, there is no rush. thanks a lot mate, I really appreciate you helping me. Did you do the questions in the chemical ideas books too ( the thick black and white book right)

Also is there anything you would advise that i should do, I'm retaking and really want an A*.

How did you did you do in other subjects and what uni are you going to and what will you study?

Yeah I did the questions in that book after every chapter, they were set for homework so.
Honestly just get familiar and confident with the style of the exam and how they ask the questions. The content is the same basically every year and just have to know how to answer with what they want.

How do you want them sent to you?

EDIT: A* in Chem, Maths and A in Economics and going to Bristol for Chemistry so obviously I found chem easier
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by vca
Yeah I did the questions in that book after every chapter, they were set for homework so.
Honestly just get familiar and confident with the style of the exam and how they ask the questions. The content is the same basically every year and just have to know how to answer with what they want.

How do you want them sent to you?

EDIT: A* in Chem, Maths and A in Economics and going to Bristol for Chemistry so obviously I found chem easier

My email is [email protected]

So these questions are the questions your teachers gave you which have old spec questions too?

If you had to bullet point/ number a few things I must do to get an a* what would they be?

Thanks a lot mate like really.

What exam boards did you do for maths?
Reply 824
My email is [email protected]

So these questions are the questions your teachers gave you which have old spec questions too?

If you had to bullet point/ number a few things I must do to get an a* what would they be?

Thanks a lot mate like really.

What exam boards did you do for maths?

Not everything that worked for me works for everyone, I actually did a lot less than the others doing chem at my school did and consistently achieved better grades. It just came to me a lot more naturally so that allowed me to completely focus on my weak topics seeing as I just understood and remembered everything easily.

Do past papers

Mark them

See where you went wrong and weak

Revise these topics in whatever way helps you

Write down the model answers and learn them

Do past questions on that topic

Do more past papers

Did edexcel maths
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by vca
Not everything that worked for me works for everyone, I actually did a lot less than the others doing chem at my school did and consistently achieved better grades. It just came to me a lot more naturally so that allowed me to completely focus on my weak topics seeing as I just understood and remembered everything easily.

Do past papers

Mark them

See where you went wrong and weak

Revise these topics in whatever way helps you

Write down the model answers and learn them

Do past questions on that topic

Do more past papers

Did edexcel maths

Thanks a lot, again. Do you have the question packs for AS too please and are you sure they are from old spec yeah?
Reply 826
Thanks a lot, again. Do you have the question packs for AS too please and are you sure they are from old spec yeah?

I'll send them later. There are so many questions in these they must include some from the old spec, as not every question came up when we did the new past papers.

Youll still need to cover other, more discreet questions using other methods though
Original post by vca
I'll send them later. There are so many questions in these they must include some from the old spec, as not every question came up when we did the new past papers.

Youll still need to cover other, more discreet questions using other methods though

What other methods exactly other than doing past papers?
Reply 828
What other methods exactly other than doing past papers?

Whatever works for you. I literallly just did past papers and there are those little 2 markers which arent covered in those packs because theyre in storylines or something. Then I just learnt those answers.

Like I said, what I did won't work for everyone. I could easily just look at the page once and understand it completely without the need of revision, which obviously helped a lot more. Most peers found re-covering the course completely with more revision guides more useful for them. My style of revision is just do past papers and keep relaxed.
Original post by vca
Whatever works for you. I literallly just did past papers and there are those little 2 markers which arent covered in those packs because theyre in storylines or something. Then I just learnt those answers.

Like I said, what I did won't work for everyone. I could easily just look at the page once and understand it completely without the need of revision, which obviously helped a lot more. Most peers found re-covering the course completely with more revision guides more useful for them. My style of revision is just do past papers and keep relaxed.

Again, thanks mate. I really appreciate it. Good luck with university :smile:
Some one help please.

To get an A* you need 480 UMS and 90% average in F334 and 5 right and that is it? Or do you need 90% average in F336 too?

Please reply.
To get an A* you need an A's worth of UMS (I'm assuming that's 480) and then over 90% in both f334 and f335
Original post by Fozzy425
To get an A* you need an A's worth of UMS (I'm assuming that's 480) and then over 90% in both f334 and f335

You are certain yeah? So you don't need an average of 90% across F334,5 AND 6... just F334 and F335 yeah?
Reply 833
Some one help please.

To get an A* you need 480 UMS and 90% average in F334 and 5 right and that is it? Or do you need 90% average in F336 too?

Please reply.

Read the spec: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/73469-specification.pdf

You need 90% over all 3 A2 modules.
How did people do then for each unit????
Original post by Biolignin
I got -2.9 degrees, as you have to consider that 1 mole of NaCl gives 2 moles of particles in solution, and 1 mole of CaCl2 gives 3 moles of particles (ions) in solution.

Hi mate, how did you do in each unit for chemistry then?
Original post by Abbie_1511
Wildly wrong?? lol sure
I got 6 too

So how did you do in each unit then? :smile:

So how did you do in each unit then? :smile:
Original post by vca

Hi there,
Im a bit late, but after reading the comversation I would reallp appreciate if you could send me the past paper packs you are talking about. Your tips were great to read. Really wanting as high a grade in chem as i can.
If you see this, please could you email it to [email protected]
Does anyone know where to find the answers to the practice qus at the end of each chapter in the textbook?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending