The Student Room Group

Medicine

Hello, so i got 2As, 4Bs, 1C and 2Ds (French and English literature) in GCSE.
In a level I acheived A*A*A A (Chemistry,Biology, Maths and Psychology)
Is it still possible to get into medicine if I get a good UKCAT score or have my atrocious GCSES closed the pathway to medicine?
Original post by alig877
Hello, so i got 2As, 4Bs, 1C and 2Ds (French and English literature) in GCSE.
In a level I acheived A*A*A A (Chemistry,Biology, Maths and Psychology)
Is it still possible to get into medicine if I get a good UKCAT score or have my atrocious GCSES closed the pathway to medicine?

All I can say is, apply to those unis which aren't GCSE heavy and try and get an amazing UKCAT score!
Reply 2
Original post by WhoDaresWins
All I can say is, apply to those unis which aren't GCSE heavy and try and get an amazing UKCAT score!

Thank you for replying, So I was reading Newcastle University requirements and all it said was AAA at A level but I don't seem to see any GCSE requirements, does this mean they have no GCSE requirements or should I phone them up and ask.
Reply 3
Your GCSE results were good your A levels are excellent.
Universities are only really concerned with maths and English language I've done a lot of research as I was a once hopeful med student and your GCSEs really aren't that important that's including Russell group unis especially with your A levels.
Obviously if you have the work experience and voluntary work med schools are looking for that will also be good.

Could you please give me some advice on how you got those grades please? I've just started off my a levels and was originally doing biology ancient history English language and I've just dropped chemistry for psychology I hope I don't regret this decision. I got 1A* 5As and 4Bs but my Bs were in the sciences.
Reply 4
Original post by alig877
Thank you for replying, So I was reading Newcastle University requirements and all it said was AAA at A level but I don't seem to see any GCSE requirements, does this mean they have no GCSE requirements or should I phone them up and ask.

Always phone up and ask. They might not explicitly say it but reject you anyway, and then you would have wasted an application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by EleaLu
Always phone up and ask. They might not explicitly say it but reject you anyway, and then you would have wasted an application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanks very much.

Quick Reply

Latest