The Student Room Group

When will the beard get old

And what do you think the next trend will be for guys ?

Now as many of you will know the beard is a big thing, amongst guys and a lot of girls like it too, its seems everyone is growing a beard for the trend.

To me its getting old, im dying to shave mine off, but when I have a clean shave I look like a 15 year old, everyone makes jokes about it lol.

Is the clean shave still in ?

Also what do you think the next trend will be, I was thinking probably light stubble or the moustache making a return.
Wait...you've grown a beard because it's trendy rather than because you like it? That's pretty lame, man.

Trim your face however you want - don't follow trends unless it suits you.
Reply 2
Original post by Manitude
Wait...you've grown a beard because it's trendy rather than because you like it? That's pretty lame, man.

Trim your face however you want - don't follow trends unless it suits you.

Not really because its trendy, although that did play a part. But it looks ok on me, I dont mind it. But what I was saying was its part of the trend now, when will this trend die out. I know guys constantly putting oil on their face so their beard grows properly.
Reply 3
I have it on good authority that mutton chops are making a come back. Growing my sideburns out now myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not too fussed about that. I just want the stupid trend of overdrawing your eyebrows on your face to die.
It's the lazy way to show your masculinity. It's also dirty. Lazy and dirty men grow beards.
When it ages.................
Original post by Mistletoe
It's the lazy way to show your masculinity. It's also dirty. Lazy and dirty men grow beards.

That's a common misconception.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24746610

Nothing lazy about a well maintained beard - it takes more effort than being clean shaven.
Reply 8
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
I'm not too fussed about that. I just want the stupid trend of overdrawing your eyebrows on your face to die.

Not too fussed about what the beard or clean shave ?
Don't want the trend to end. I'll have to start shaving again. :sad:
Reply 10
Original post by undercxver
Don't want the trend to end. I'll have to start shaving again. :sad:

:eek2:
Original post by Manitude
Nothing lazy about a well maintained beard - it takes more effort than being clean shaven.

does it ****
I'm a girl but I hope it never ends :smile:
Original post by SmashConcept
does it ****

Key phrase: "well maintained"

Having a nice beard doesn't require you to not shave. Personally, I have a goatee and moustache so I shave everything that a clean shaven man does (except for my top lip, chin and the bit in between) but I also have to periodically trim it to keep it neat. To be clean shaven you just shave everything, it takes no thinking and very little effort. It a bit of practice to get a very clean shave around the bits you don't want to cut.

I know people who have much longer beards than me (I keep mine under 1 cm length as it makes me look slightly less homeless) who have to take care of it every day to keep it nice. Usually that means daily waxing and weekly trimming, on top of shaving anything that

Quick Reply

Latest