The Student Room Group

How strict are your sixth form?

Hi, maybe this is silly on my part because I didn’t know but my sixth form expects us to wear white shirts tucked in buttoned up right to the top (suffocating, I know). It makes me feel uncomfortable and sweaty. Does anyone have anything similar?
Original post by subbhy
Hi, maybe this is silly on my part because I didn’t know but my sixth form expects us to wear white shirts tucked in buttoned up right to the top (suffocating, I know). It makes me feel uncomfortable and sweaty. Does anyone have anything similar?

Our school had the same - did you had to wear a tie as well?
Reply 2
Original post by subbhy

If you feel like you are suffocating, perhaps you need shirts with a slightly larger collar size.

I had to wear a shirt and tie when I was in sixth form. Given that I wore a shirt and tie from age 11, I was well used to it.

How are you going to cope in a job that has a dress code when you leave education?
Reply 3
Original post by BankaiGintoki
Our school had the same - did you had to wear a tie as well?

Yes, not warmed to the idea yet
Reply 4
Original post by martin7
If you feel like you are suffocating, perhaps you need shirts with a slightly larger collar size.

I had to wear a shirt and tie when I was in sixth form. Given that I wore a shirt and tie from age 11, I was well used to it.

How are you going to cope in a job that has a dress code when you leave education?

Shirts are Large size and I don’t see myself in a job like that
Reply 5
I wore combats and Motorhead t shirts, and after Liverpool won the champions league, dyed my beard red. The red beard was a step too far and they sent me home suspended, till my Da went in and asked why the girls could dye their hair but I couldn't dye my beard :lol:
Most schools I know (primary, secondary and sixth form) wear shirt and tie so the shirt has to be done up to the top and it’s always tucked in. Only in summer you might me allowed to take tie off
I wouldn’t have called them “strict” but they were OTT for a sixth form in some aspects.
Reply 8
Original post by gjd800
I wore combats and Motorhead t shirts, and after Liverpool won the champions league, dyed my beard red. The red beard was a step too far and they sent me home suspended, till my Da went in and asked why the girls could dye their hair but I couldn't dye my beard :lol:

Sounds like a blast HAHAHA!
Reply 9
Original post by agent_duck343
Most schools I know (primary, secondary and sixth form) wear shirt and tie so the shirt has to be done up to the top and it’s always tucked in. Only in summer you might me allowed to take tie off

Never wore a tie in primary or secondary so never knew! No one really tells you but I suppose you ought to pick it up on the way. Shirt tucked in and buttoned to the top plus a blazer we can’t take off at all makes me uncomfortable and sweaty tbh
Original post by subbhy
Original post by agent_duck343

Never wore a tie in primary or secondary so never knew! No one really tells you but I suppose you ought to pick it up on the way. Shirt tucked in and buttoned to the top plus a blazer we can’t take off at all makes me uncomfortable and sweaty tbh

How? But fair I can see why.
Reply 11
Original post by subbhy
Sounds like a blast HAHAHA!

Long time ago now, 20 years or so

Quick Reply

Latest