The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Acceptance rate

Hello!

Westminster University is my top choice and I was just wondering what the acceptance rates were? Especially for a Law LLB course

Many Thanks
Samiha
Original post by Samihab
Hello!

Westminster University is my top choice and I was just wondering what the acceptance rates were? Especially for a Law LLB course

Many Thanks
Samiha

Hi Samiha

Its great to hear you have selected Westminster as your first choice to study Law. The admissions team will issue you with an offer of a place on the course and if you meet the entry requirements you will be accepted.

If you are made an offer and for some reason your grades are lower than expected, you can liaise directly with the Admissions Team who will review your application.

Good luck!

Kim
Course Enquiries Team :smile:
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by University of Westminster
Hi Samiha

Its great to hear you have selected Westminster as your first choice to study Law. The admissions team will issue you with an offer of a place on the course and if you meet the entry requirements you will be accepted.

If you are made an offer and for some reason your grades are lower than expected, you can liaise directly with the Admissions Team who will review your application.

Good luck!

Kim

Thank you! I also have another question if that's okay 😅

My current predictions are BBC and I'm aware that the entry requirements for Law is ABB, however two of my subject teachers have already told me that after my mocks my grades are likely to go up, one to an A and the other to a B.

I'm really worried that I will get a rejection if my predictions are slightly lower than expected. Will I be alright if my predictions go up to an ABB?

Many Thanks
Samiha
Original post by Samihab
Thank you! I also have another question if that's okay 😅

My current predictions are BBC and I'm aware that the entry requirements for Law is ABB, however two of my subject teachers have already told me that after my mocks my grades are likely to go up, one to an A and the other to a B.

I'm really worried that I will get a rejection if my predictions are slightly lower than expected. Will I be alright if my predictions go up to an ABB?

Many Thanks
Samiha

Hi Samiha

Please don't worry about being rejected from the LLB Law course. The admissions team always review each application on its own merit. You will be given a conditional offer to pass your A Levels with ABB even if your predicted grades are slightly lower. When your A Level results come through in August the Admissions Team will review the actual grades you got to see if you can still be offered a place on the course. So please apply for the course and the admissions team will be in touch with you throughout the admissions cycle regarding the status of your application.

Best wishes

Kim
Hi there,
I have just applied for English Literature and Language, with actual achieved grades BBC plus a 4th C in General Studies. Aside from the fact that you have to look at the whole of my application first, at first glance do I have a realistic chance of getting an offer? Thank you.
Original post by SabbyCat
Hi there,
I have just applied for English Literature and Language, with actual achieved grades BBC plus a 4th C in General Studies. Aside from the fact that you have to look at the whole of my application first, at first glance do I have a realistic chance of getting an offer? Thank you.

Hi there

Yes you do meet the academic entry requirements for our English Literature and Language degree courses at Westminster with BBC at A Level however you will need to have an English Literature A Level. You should definitely submit an application to us for consideration.

Best wishes

Kim
Hi, I'm wanting to apply to the Film course but my predicted grades are BBC and I know the entry requirements are ABB and that getting a place is really tough. I just wanted to ask if I have a realistic chance of getting in or not? Thanks
Reply 7
hi i am also going to study LLB at university of westminster, its my top choice - but i'm worried I won't get in. this is because of the new spec A LEVEL, i keep getting d's and E's on my mock. how lenient are they??
Reply 8
hi i am also going to study LLB at university of westminster, its my top choice - but i'm worried I won't get in. this is because of the new spec A LEVEL, i keep getting d's and E's on my mock. how lenient are they??
Original post by jl101

Hi there

Although most universities have discretion with students who don't quite reach their offer we wouldn't be able to accept A Levels with grades of D or E for entry onto the LLB Law degree at Westminster.

Best of luck!

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Currently I am residing in India and I am studying science in grade XII and my subjects are Maths Physics and Chemistry and none of them are required for law LLB so if I get Lil less marks in Maths Physics and Chemistry are still there any chances to get into Westminster
Original post by Veerbhadra
Currently I am residing in India and I am studying science in grade XII and my subjects are Maths Physics and Chemistry and none of them are required for law LLB so if I get Lil less marks in Maths Physics and Chemistry are still there any chances to get into Westminster

Hi there

We don't specify any particular subject area to study LLB Law at Westminster so we will accept Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

Best wishes and we look forward to receiving your application.

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Hello. I am an international applicant from Tajikistan. I wanted to apply for biology with foundation in Westminster. Our education merits aren't world-wide accepted. I have an ielts of 7.5 overall. I am planning to take the SAT on 5th May and can send the scores. I also have to take SAT biology and chemistry subject tests in June. Do I have a chance of getting accepted by may 25th as due to the scholarship application is till May 30th? I would be glad if someone would reply. Thanks beforehand.
Hello. I am an international applicant from Tajikistan. I wanted to apply to Westminster. I am not sure whether I can get accepted as our education merit isnt accepted abroad.I wanted to apply for biology with foundation. I have an ielts of 7.5 overall. I am planning to take the SAT in may 5th and can send the scores to the admissions team. However I understand I also have to take SAT biology and chemistry subject however they will be in June.due to this late scores and tests I was wondering whether I have a chance of being accepted or not.I would be pleased if someone would reply to
Original post by Malikaahmad2106
Hello. I am an international applicant from Tajikistan. I wanted to apply to Westminster. I am not sure whether I can get accepted as our education merit isnt accepted abroad.I wanted to apply for biology with foundation. I have an ielts of 7.5 overall. I am planning to take the SAT in may 5th and can send the scores to the admissions team. However I understand I also have to take SAT biology and chemistry subject however they will be in June.due to this late scores and tests I was wondering whether I have a chance of being accepted or not.I would be pleased if someone would reply to

Hi there

It's worth submitting an application to Westminster as you are studying Biology and Chemistry and have a very high IELTS result. We offer Biomedical Science with Foundation rather than Biology. You can find information on our Biomed courses on our website. Until the admissions office see your UCAS application they won't be able to confirm whether you're eligible for a place. Good news is we still have places available on the course for September 2018 entry.

Best of luck

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Original post by University of Westminster
Hi there

It's worth submitting an application to Westminster as you are studying Biology and Chemistry and have a very high IELTS result. We offer Biomedical Science with Foundation rather than Biology. You can find information on our Biomed courses on our website. Until the admissions office see your UCAS application they won't be able to confirm whether you're eligible for a place. Good news is we still have places available on the course for September 2018 entry.

Best of luck

Kim
Course Enquiries Team

Hi there,
I'm looking to apply to Westminster for Law this year and the entry requirements for the course are BBB.
I'm currently predicted BCC. Should I apply for the 3 year course or the 4 year course that includes a foundation year?
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Rosalie
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi there,

All universities do this, don't worry, many don't achieve what they were predicted but it's fine, even top universities.

Also with these new GCSEs that are harder, they will be having fewer entrants I reckon.
Hi there,

All universities do this, don't worry, many don't achieve what they were predicted but it's fine, even top universities.

Also with these new GCSEs that are harder, they will be having fewer entrants I reckon.
Original post by rosalieee
Hi there,
I'm looking to apply to Westminster for Law this year and the entry requirements for the course are BBB.
I'm currently predicted BCC. Should I apply for the 3 year course or the 4 year course that includes a foundation year?

Rosalie

Best to ask them but I think usually you don't have tonappul for the foundation yet, I think they offer it to you afterwards if need be
Original post by rosalieee
Hi there,

Rosalie

Hi Rosalie

It's great to hear you're considering Westminster to study Law. If you're predicted BCC in your A Levels the admissions team should give an offer for the actual LLB and you should not need to do a Foundation Year. Please apply for Year 1.

We look forward to receiving your application.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending