The Student Room Group

english lang and lit

Going to do my january mocks in a few days. Still unsure to as what is going to be in my english language and literature
Reply 1
Original post by Krish_
Going to do my january mocks in a few days. Still unsure to as what is going to be in my english language and literature

What exam board does your school use
Reply 2
Original post by sarahyi
What exam board does your school use

AQA
Reply 4
Original post by Krish_
AQA

Well if you're doing the new GCSE'S then English lit could be on books you're doing like I'm doing macbeth, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and an inspector calls. English language is Paper 1 and Paper 2. Search Mr Bruff on YouTube he does English videos if this helps
Reply 5
Original post by sarahyi
Well if you're doing the new GCSE'S then English lit could be on books you're doing like I'm doing macbeth, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and an inspector calls. English language is Paper 1 and Paper 2. Search Mr Bruff on YouTube he does English videos if this helps

so, we have all the old sort of stuff like macbeth in the literature paper, so where would the poem stuff be?
Original post by Krish_
so, we have all the old sort of stuff like macbeth in the literature paper, so where would the poem stuff be?

Either Love and Relationships or Power and Conflict. You should have got an anthology in year 9/10 and that must've had the poems in them.
Reply 7
Original post by Krish_

Paper 1 of Eng.Lit is like macbeth and Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde for me then Paper 2 of Eng.Lit is the poetry cluster, Unseen Poetry and modern play which an inspector calls. Does that make sense

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/english/gcse/english-literature-8702/specification-at-a-glance
Reply 8
Original post by Carthaginian
Either Love and Relationships or Power and Conflict. You should have got an anthology in year 9/10 and that must've had the poems in them.[/QUOT
yeah im doing power and conflict, but im not sure if it is in lit or lang
[QUOTE="Krish_;69345154"]
Either Love and Relationships or Power and Conflict. You should have got an anthology in year 9/10 and that must've had the poems in them.[/QUOT

It's lit, as they're poems.
Reply 10
[QUOTE="Krish_;69345154"]

Literature

Quick Reply

Latest