The Student Room Group

Btec medvet at edinburgh

Hi all! I was just wondering if i was able to apply to Edinburgh Royal **** vet school with applied science, English lit/lang and environmental science? I have work experience within a small animal veterinary practice and I am also doing a q-extra of Japanese? And I'm part of the plus flag, widening access program that they are offering. If not, are there any universities that do?

Thank you! Have a great day :smile:
-I want to apply to the medvet course
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Sorry are the applied science, English lit/lang and environmental science all different btecs? Or are they the same course?
I’m pretty sure Edinburgh do not take btecs.
Are you a home student or an international? I’ve never heard of ‘q-extra’ that’s why I ask
Hi sorry for any confusion! Only the applied science is a btec, the English lit/lang and environmental science are a-levels. A q-extra is a enrichment program which can be used for applications ect. Im also doing an epq !
I'm not too familiar with this qualification. You should refer to the BVM&S entry requirements on the University of Edinburgh website.

If you can't find a straightforward answer, you can find details on the website to speak to their admissions team. They'll be able to advise you based on your circumstances. :smile:
I did that however, they sadly don't take them. I'm either just going to apply there for English or look for other medvet universities that take applied science.

Thank you everyone for the help!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending