The Student Room Group

Is it better to focus on coursework or my exams?

Okay so my first exam is 15th of May and I kinda want to start revising now but i feel like my coursework is pulling me back. I have 60% coursework for Child Development and Design & Technology and I am so far behind on both of them, I don't know what to do.

Should I try and finish off my Coursework in the next month or so and then focus on my revision or do both at the same time?

I'm really confused on what to do and because of this i haven't done anything productive for the past 4weeks <-- but that was mainly because the coursework criteria confused the hell out of me

Any advice on what i should do??
Reply 1
Original post by ChangelLiya
Okay so my first exam is 15th of May and I kinda want to start revising now but i feel like my coursework is pulling me back. I have 60% coursework for Child Development and Design & Technology and I am so far behind on both of them, I don't know what to do.

Should I try and finish off my Coursework in the next month or so and then focus on my revision or do both at the same time?

I'm really confused on what to do and because of this i haven't done anything productive for the past 4weeks <-- but that was mainly because the coursework criteria confused the hell out of me

Any advice on what i should do??

Focus on the coursework and then the exam considering it's worth more.
Original post by etudiebee
Focus on the coursework and then the exam considering it's worth more.

That''s what I was thinking of doing but I have terrible teachers for both the subjects so i don't have a clue what I'm doing and I'm aiming for atleast a B.

Plus I've done some of the work wrong in random parts of my coursework and because of that I'm confused to keep going or fix it and then continue.

Ugh i just don't know!
Reply 3
That''s what I was thinking of doing but I have terrible teachers for both the subjects so i don't have a clue what I'm doing and I'm aiming for atleast a B.

Plus I've done some of the work wrong in random parts of my coursework and because of that I'm confused to keep going or fix it and then continue.

Ugh i just don't know!

How long do you think it will take you to finish the coursework?
How long do you think it will take you to finish the coursework?

If i knew what i was doing... For Child development about 2ish weeks to be up to date or ahead and with DT 2-3 weeks to completely finish the coursework
Reply 5
If i knew what i was doing... For Child development about 2ish weeks to be up to date or ahead and with DT 2-3 weeks to completely finish the coursework

Ooo this sounds tough :/

Can you not ask your teacher for help with it or anyone in your class?
Ooo this sounds tough :/

Can you not ask your teacher for help with it or anyone in your class?

I'm gonna try that tomorrow and try and get my life together but i already wasted so much time so i'm just really worried. But i think i will just spend the next month trying to finish my coursework
Reply 7
I'm gonna try that tomorrow and try and get my life together but i already wasted so much time so i'm just really worried. But i think i will just spend the next month trying to finish my coursework

Even if it does take a month you'll still have around 2-3 months to revise for the exams which I'm sure will be enough :smile:

Good luck with everything!
Even if it does take a month you'll still have around 2-3 months to revise for the exams which I'm sure will be enough :smile:

Good luck with everything!

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest