The Student Room Group

3 Btecs

Hey guys,

Anybody doing 3 Btecs in sixth form / College ? Basically my sixth form has this system called ‘pathways’ each equivalent to one A level where you study 3 Btec qualifications. We have the Social sciences pathway consisting of Btec Law , psychology and health and social care , the Business and law pathway consisting of Btec Law , business and IT and finally the Criminology pathway consisting of Criminology , Law and health and social care.

I do the Business and Law pathway so Law , business and IT , Business and IT are literally the bane of my existence i hate them with passion i regret not doing the Social sciences pathway i asked to switch but i wasn’t too keen on doing so ; they told me to decide but i stayed on my course then later on down the line it was too late to switch it but i love law though , is my favourite out of them all. All my teachers are atrocious , is like they don’t follow the Pearson spec , they are mostly foreign so i am just getting by solely independently , just by using the text books / revision guides for the exams , AI for my coursework.

Anyways i was wondering who else may be doing 3 Btecs or similar ( preferably A Btec equivalent to 2 A levels and a single Btec and 2 single btecs an A level ?

How are you finding them ?

Do you like your teachers ? are they great , decent or bad ?

Are there any you dislike / like about them ?

Do you rely on your teachers most of the time when completing coursework / revising for exams or are you mostly independent ?

Anybody needs a study buddy / group to motivate them ?

Feel free to share / express your opinions , ideas or concerns about your Btecs , let’s help each-other out !!!
Reply 1
Original post by DO16_DNE
Hey guys,

Anybody doing 3 Btecs in sixth form / College ? Basically my sixth form has this system called ‘pathways’ each equivalent to one A level where you study 3 Btec qualifications. We have the Social sciences pathway consisting of Btec Law , psychology and health and social care , the Business and law pathway consisting of Btec Law , business and IT and finally the Criminology pathway consisting of Criminology , Law and health and social care.

I do the Business and Law pathway so Law , business and IT , Business and IT are literally the bane of my existence i hate them with passion i regret not doing the Social sciences pathway i asked to switch but i wasn’t too keen on doing so ; they told me to decide but i stayed on my course then later on down the line it was too late to switch it but i love law though , is my favourite out of them all. All my teachers are atrocious , is like they don’t follow the Pearson spec , they are mostly foreign so i am just getting by solely independently , just by using the text books / revision guides for the exams , AI for my coursework.

Anyways i was wondering who else may be doing 3 Btecs or similar ( preferably A Btec equivalent to 2 A levels and a single Btec and 2 single btecs an A level ?

How are you finding them ?

Do you like your teachers ? are they great , decent or bad ?

Are there any you dislike / like about them ?

Do you rely on your teachers most of the time when completing coursework / revising for exams or are you mostly independent ?

Anybody needs a study buddy / group to motivate them ?

Feel free to share / express your opinions , ideas or concerns about your Btecs , let’s help each-other out !!!

Hey I’m currently doing the exact courses and I also enjoy law, business not too bad but IT is very course heavy for me i can’t lie, I’m still somehow trying to go into the technology side but I don’t know how I’m going to manage it 😂. So far got distinctions on all my coursework but I’m very scared for my exams coming soon. Hope this reaches you have a good day.
Reply 2
Original post by dddddddd1
Hey I’m currently doing the exact courses and I also enjoy law, business not too bad but IT is very course heavy for me i can’t lie, I’m still somehow trying to go into the technology side but I don’t know how I’m going to manage it 😂. So far got distinctions on all my coursework but I’m very scared for my exams coming soon. Hope this reaches you have a good day.
Hi , Crazy somebody that actually does 3 of my courses 😆 , update , i actually missed my January exams for both business and IT so i have got to resit them in may with my law exam. I guess i will be more than prepared by then. Well well well , no surprise for IT , the subject itself is pretty bad i mean most of the stuff in unit 3 ‘using social media in a business’ is draining and useless i guess the unit 2 exam unit is probably helpful. I bought chat gpt 4 to write all the assignments for me so i can focus / revise on the exam units and get all distinctions across all 3 subjects , but even the gpt is struggling and is giving me some atrocious responses or ones that are pretty vague . I guess we shall hope for the best. Anyways did you pick law , business and IT individually or did it come as a pathway like mine which means is compulsory to do all 3 ? Also do you go to school outside of london or in london and if in london north , east , south or west ? Also your business experience is probably better than mine my teacher is sooo annoying he’s like some sort of alpha male , uncle rukus type , he talks too much and is not even needed 😂. And i dont think you should worry too much about IT and your future career in tech because this btec IT course is pretty much useless , your more likely to code rather know the depths of the subject. Hope this finds you well.
Reply 3
Hi , Crazy somebody that actually does 3 of my courses 😆 , update , i actually missed my January exams for both business and IT so i have got to resit them in may with my law exam. I guess i will be more than prepared by then. Well well well , no surprise for IT , the subject itself is pretty bad i mean most of the stuff in unit 3 ‘using social media in a business’ is draining and useless i guess the unit 2 exam unit is probably helpful. I bought chat gpt 4 to write all the assignments for me so i can focus / revise on the exam units and get all distinctions across all 3 subjects , but even the gpt is struggling and is giving me some atrocious responses or ones that are pretty vague . I guess we shall hope for the best. Anyways did you pick law , business and IT individually or did it come as a pathway like mine which means is compulsory to do all 3 ? Also do you go to school outside of london or in london and if in london north , east , south or west ? Also your business experience is probably better than mine my teacher is sooo annoying he’s like some sort of alpha male , uncle rukus type , he talks too much and is not even needed 😂. And i dont think you should worry too much about IT and your future career in tech because this btec IT course is pretty much useless , your more likely to code rather know the depths of the subject. Hope this finds you well.
I don’t quite know what you mean by picking IT, law and business individually but yh they were my options to pick since I moved to college since I got around 4s 5s got GCSEs my college wouldn’t let me pick any like proper “A levels” only Btecs but I picked the ones I was interested in, and yeah it’s compulsory to do atleast 3 a levels idk if yours is the same mine is btec extended l3 certificate I think( something like that) I go to school close to London I think it is London but yeah like 30 mins away from central London, my business experience kind of simulator to yours 😭 my teacher just keeps waffling about some topics so we kind of behind, I read in the beginning you missed IT and Business exams? Are you talking about mock exams since we haven’t done them yet we do the mock exams in may all we have done is coursework now we are just focusing on revising for the exams. Nice to meet you!
Reply 4
Original post by dddddddd1
I don’t quite know what you mean by picking IT, law and business individually but yh they were my options to pick since I moved to college since I got around 4s 5s got GCSEs my college wouldn’t let me pick any like proper “A levels” only Btecs but I picked the ones I was interested in, and yeah it’s compulsory to do atleast 3 a levels idk if yours is the same mine is btec extended l3 certificate I think( something like that) I go to school close to London I think it is London but yeah like 30 mins away from central London, my business experience kind of simulator to yours 😭 my teacher just keeps waffling about some topics so we kind of behind, I read in the beginning you missed IT and Business exams? Are you talking about mock exams since we haven’t done them yet we do the mock exams in may all we have done is coursework now we are just focusing on revising for the exams. Nice to meet you!
Oh great thats nice to know. Yes i am also doing 3 extended certificates. And yes i missed the actual exams because i travelled. But my school will allow me to resit them but my attendance has to be on 90% , so i am trying my very best to come in 😅. And you mentioned that you were are revising for your mocks in may ? Isn't it the real thing ? Anyways the coursework is soo long i want to be done across all 3 subjects by march then i can give myself 2 months revision for may.
Oh great thats nice to know. Yes i am also doing 3 extended certificates. And yes i missed the actual exams because i travelled. But my school will allow me to resit them but my attendance has to be on 90% , so i am trying my very best to come in 😅. And you mentioned that you were are revising for your mocks in may ? Isn't it the real thing ? Anyways the coursework is soo long i want to be done across all 3 subjects by march then i can give myself 2 months revision for may.
woops haven’t seen this mb, basically so far messed up my course work couldn’t get a distinction for IT so I got a merit which ofc ain’t bad but now I have to get a distinction on the exam to get a d* which I want for that academic comeback. Other than that ig it’s just tiring rn with all the coursework and content we need to know for the upcoming exams. So many key assessments aswell. 😭🙏

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending