The Student Room Group

Mathswatch / maths gcse 1-9

Hey guys.
I was wondering whether all the subjects on the mathswatch dvd will be upcoming in our exams in 2017. Like, we have never learned the exact trigonometric values in Maths -lesson wise - but do we need to know it for our exam?!
Original post by J116
Hey guys.
I was wondering whether all the subjects on the mathswatch dvd will be upcoming in our exams in 2017. Like, we have never learned the exact trigonometric values in Maths -lesson wise - but do we need to know it for our exam?!

Yes, you need to know all of the topics relevant to your tier of entry there are extra topics in higher tier, any of them can come up and most of them will. Teachers don't always teach the whole specification if they think it's better to spend time revising easier topics than learning some of the harder topics. Also it's only January, there are several months available for your teachers to cover more topics before the exams.
And yes, exact trigonometric ratios could be on your non calculator exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
Yes, you need to know all of the topics relevant to your tier of entry there are extra topics in higher tier, any of them can come up and most of them will. Teachers don't always teach the whole specification if they think it's better to spend time revising easier topics than learning some of the harder topics. Also it's only January, there are several months available for your teachers to cover more topics before the exams.
And yes, exact trigonometric ratios could be on your non calculator exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much - you're awesome. I'm just going through everything (writing steps) on things which I have no clue on, so therefore I was a bit confused as I've never been taught it before!
Thanks again!
Original post by J116
Thank you so much - you're awesome. I'm just going through everything (writing steps) on things which I have no clue on, so therefore I was a bit confused as I've never been taught it before!
Thanks again!

We are being taught exact trigonometric values right now so I am sure you will come around to doing it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest