The Student Room Group

my quuestion is that in maths im stuggling in maths paper 1 2022

why is maths so comlicated its so hard i wanna become a doctor im in nearly the end of year 10
Reply 1
since you’re in year 10 there is still time to improve, try and ask your teachers which maths websites they have subscriptions for and definitely use them regularly + corbett maths have sheets you can complete daily in the run up to your gcses + khan academy is v useful as well, good luck.
Original post by fatimahnoor
why is maths so comlicated its so hard i wanna become a doctor im in nearly the end of year 10

Here are some tips I have for maths
- Use websites such as gcse maths tutor (they have a yt channel too) + maths genie for practice questions and answers, this can help you get some practice in - if your school uses mathswatch, use mathswatch too
- Whenever you do questions, if you get it wrong, always note down the exact steps in the mark scheme, so you can learn from mistakes
- After thinking you're confident in a topic and coming across a difficult question, you might feel discouraged, but that doesn't mean you have a lack of understanding, you just need to expand it and practice it a bit more; so don't stress out if you feel like you know nothing, because you know more than you think
- Sometimes the number of marks a question has can give a clue as to how many steps of the question there are - if it's a 1 mark question for example, it should have really simple working and if it's a 5 mark question, it needs more working: this can give you an idea of how to answer the question
- Memorise equations! After memorising them, just make sure you know which questions to apply them for and which questions not to - this can make the exams less stressful
- Double-check your working! Silly mistakes are the last thing you want to see, so always set aside around 5 mins to double-check and make sure your answers are worked out properly - this also includes making sure your answer makes sense, for example if you're asked to work out an obtuse angle, you probably shouldn't be getting an answer of 45 degrees or 200 degrees

I hope that helps and good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by fatimahnoor

maths i find very easy but one thing i find hard is exam questions

Quick Reply

Latest