The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5720
Original post by Aky786UK
Awful news for him and it's quite common in sports stars who have big injuries to their knees for example, for it to re-occur later on. He could be incredibly unfortunate in that it's happened or there might be underlying issues in terms of his recovery, namely that he may have come back too soon. But we'll have to wait and see.

It's a real shame. An ACL is such a serious injury, though. Look at Danny Ings.

Hope he comes back soon but it doesn't look good. He's in serious danger of losing momentum.
He would have had momentum with HHH feud picking up after a long time, but before that, it seems his face booking was pretty weak so it'd be a blow for their Mania plans however from a character point of view, don't see it as a major set-back in the sense he wasn't hot like Bryan was at the same time in 2014 so he'll be back and maybe - but I doubt it - WWE will learn to book him better.
Reply 5722
The Undertaker hurt, Rollins hurt... come back Balor!
Original post by Mackay
The Undertaker hurt, Rollins hurt... come back Balor!

when u reckon nakamura is making main roster debut? (when he does, will he go after the club or balor?)

also u reckon kenny omega will be in wwe this year?
Reply 5724
Original post by quasa
when u reckon nakamura is making main roster debut? (when he does, will he go after the club or balor?)

also u reckon kenny omega will be in wwe this year?

Nakamura won't make his main roster debut until the summer at the earlier, imho. NXT has been pillaged of talent as a result of the Brand Extension/Draft etc, and they need to recover. Triple H is reportedly very unhappy with the state of the developmental brand, as a result of SmackDown/RAW call-ups, so Nakamura - a great worker, great NXT talent and a big draw for them - will stay for a while.

Omega won't be in WWE.

Great to see Tyler Bate make his NXT debut last night.
So who fights Joe? Balor would be my best guess if he returns.

Also Undertaker is always hurt and there are scare reports literally every year, I wouldn't pay mind to them. He's also looked the best he has in years
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5726
Original post by AR_95
So who fights Joe? Balor would be my best guess if he returns.

Under the guise of Undertaker being fit, I'd have Reigns vs Undertaker, Samoa Joe vs a returning Finn Balor, Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg, Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho (I'd actually be tempted to delay that implosion until later in the year, but injuries may force WWE's hand) and then the only person that really leaves in the wilderness is Braun Strowman. Maybe a US title run? Have him win the belt off Jericho, freeing him up for an Owens feud, and toss him in a multi-man defence? Against Zayn, Cesaro and Sheamus or something.

I'm just spitballing ideas here, really. I think the biggest crime WWE will commit this WM is having Styles face Shane.
Apparently, Rollins is out for eight weeks. It makes it touch and go for WrestleMania.

It probably makes better storyline sense if they let Rollins recover 100% rather than trying to rush him back for their premiere event, which possibly that theme (rushing back) may have caused a re-injury to his knee.

Rollins can return to target HHH not only because of the Authority business but because through Joe, he was put on the shelf on the orders of HHH. He'll have a program with Joe and maybe other HHH backed wrestlers to finally get to the King. How long this all plays out to is unclear but surely can't be dragging on until next year?!
Apparently, Rollins is out for eight weeks. It makes it touch and go for WrestleMania.

It probably makes better storyline sense if they let Rollins recover 100% rather than trying to rush him back for their premiere event, which possibly that theme (rushing back) may have caused a re-injury to his knee.

Rollins can return to target HHH not only because of the Authority business but because through Joe, he was put on the shelf on the orders of HHH. He'll have a program with Joe and maybe other HHH backed wrestlers to finally get to the King. How long this all plays out to is unclear but surely can't be dragging on until next year?!

Best time for Rollins vs HHH to happen is this WM. It won't be as effective if they leave it till Summerslam and neither if they wait till next year. Joe vs Rollins can happen anytime after WM tbh.
Reply 5729

Original post by AR_95
Best time for Rollins vs HHH to happen is this WM. It won't be as effective if they leave it till Summerslam and neither if they wait till next year. Joe vs Rollins can happen anytime after WM tbh.

I think it's amazing how WWE doesn't know how to utilise Cena this year. Apparently, he and Nikki will team to take on the Miz and Maryse in a mixed gender tag match at WM33. Mental if true.
Original post by Mackay
I think it's amazing how WWE doesn't know how to utilise Cena this year. Apparently, he and Nikki will team to take on the Miz and Maryse in a mixed gender tag match at WM33. Mental if true.

No chance that's the case, you need to stop reading into all these articles man

Probably the worst WM match since Miz vs Cena WM27
Reply 5731
Original post by AR_95
No chance that's the case, you need to stop reading into all these articles man

Probably the worst WM match since Miz vs Cena WM27

Haha I'll try. So hard to when you see a 'UPDATE ON WWE'S PLANS FOR MANIA' headline though.

This guy never gets old. This is incredible.
Reply 5733
Update on Rollins' injury to be given on RAW tonight.
Reply 5734
Two matches booked for Fastlane, then: Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman, and Kevin Owens vs Goldberg for the WWE Universal Championship.

The latter is particularly interesting, because all the rumours recently have suggested the company may put the strap on Goldberg for the bout with Brock Lesnar at WM33. We saw Lesnar issue a challenge last week, which Goldberg accepted Monday night. The Reigns/Strowman dynamic was at play largely on Monday, with the latter interrupting the main event between Reigns and Samoa Joe. It'll be interesting to see if Strowman becomes the latest canon fodder for Reigns. We know the company is big on him, but we know how much WWE values Reigns. Strowman himself beat four jobbers and piled them up on top of each other earlier in the night, which was a drastic misuse of his surging popularity and talent. We've seen that much a million times before.

Samoa Joe, meanwhile, was treated like an absolute star. He picked up the win over Reigns - albeit in a dirty finish - and clashed with Mick Foley in a fantastic opening segment, which saw Joe align himself with Triple H for giving an "opportunity", and Reigns interrupting to declare WWE "his yard" (the feud with the Undertaker is coming, isn't it? Please tell me it is!).

The other fantastic segment of the night was Owens/Chris Jericho and Goldberg, with Jericho accepting the latter's challenge to a Fastlane bout. Jericho himself retained his US Championship against Sami Zayn, after interference from Owens, and that points to a third match between the pair at the PPV early next month. I'd definitely welcome that. The two have fabulous in-ring chemistry and it'll be a blockbuster, I'm sure.

We also saw Akira Tozawa make his long awaited debut, squaring off with Drew Gulak and picking up the win after Cesaro cut a backstage promo segment bigging up the Japanese star's in-ring acumen, and later in the night, the cruiserweights got even more mic time (surprisingly) when Austin Aries cut a segment with Neville, who vowed to defeat his next challengers. TJ Perkins, Jack Gallagher and Cedric Alexander - who got the pin and looks set to be the number one contender - beat Noam Dar, Tony Nese and Neville.

The other matches to feature on RAW were both tag bouts - Enzo and Big Cass interfering in the Club vs Sheamus and Cesaro, suggesting we're en route to a three-way feud for the titles - and the New Day, who are now languishing in the midcard with literally nothing to do (they need some direction - and quick) picking up a win over the Shining Stars.
With the way Rock-Cena II panned out with the former winning the strap from CM Punk at the Rumble, I would hazard a guess it will be something similiar again at Fast Lane for Goldberg v Owens.

Or it could be Jericho costs Owens the match - as it seems he helped put him in it judging by the brief RAW recap I read - setting up their WM match as well. Would not think a title has to be at stake for their Mania match as there's a strong narrative around it anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
With the way Rock-Cena II panned out with the former winning the strap from CM Punk at the Rumble, I would hazard a guess it will be something similiar again at Fast Lane for Goldberg v Owens.

Or it could be Jericho costs Owens the match - as it seems he helped put him in it judging by the brief RAW recap I read - setting up their WM match as well. Would not think a title has to be at stake for their Mania match as there's a strong narrative around it anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Considering how dominant Goldberg has looked, I doubt Owens will even get close to winning. I think this match is where Lesnar interferes and beats down Goldberg to reignite their feud.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't see anything other than Lesnar interference costing Goldberg. Owens vs Jericho does need the title, the narrative is built around Owens proving that he didn't need Jericho to retain the title. Plus Lesnar needs to even up the odds a little bit before Mania.
Reply 5738
Original post by AR_95
Considering how dominant Goldberg has looked, I doubt Owens will even get close to winning. I think this match is where Lesnar interferes and beats down Goldberg to reignite their feud.

Original post by jam276
I can't see anything other than Lesnar interference costing Goldberg. Owens vs Jericho does need the title, the narrative is built around Owens proving that he didn't need Jericho to retain the title. Plus Lesnar needs to even up the odds a little bit before Mania.

Either a Jericho or Lesnar interference looks likely - but reports are suggesting Owens won't be the champ at Mania, which remains to be seen. Goldberg vs Lesnar doesn't need the title - and even if WWE did give it to the winner, what then? They're part-timers. We may not see the gold until Summerslam ffs.

In better news, apparently Seth Rollins is "good" for WrestleMania, despite a few days where his status was "touch and go."

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jericho has already shown he's a mastermind several times, and he probably has some brilliant plan and it turns out it was a great idea to have this match.

People are expecting Lesnar interference so that probably won't happen, and in fact wouldn't make sense. If Goldberg wins the title, Lesnar gets a title match at WrestleMania. He would want Goldberg to win.

So perhaps what we'll see is a 'swerve', where Lesnar attacks Owens to help Goldberg win, Jericho is all "what the hell? That wasn't the plan!", Heyman explains that now Lesnar will win the title as well as beat Goldberg once and for all in one go, and Owens can blame Jericho for everything. If they're even splitting up.

Additionally people are subconsciously forgetting that there can be title matches and changes on TV, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the main titles changes inbetween FL/EC and WM. If Owens/Cena loses, he gets a rematch at least.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest