The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plantotea
Has anyone got any offers for psychology yet?

Yeah, i applied on the 17th of Dec for Psych W/ Neuropsychology and got a conditional within a couple of days, putting it as my firm choice, good luck to you.
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 21
I got a conditional offer for Zoology with animal behaviour :smile:
Unconditional for Music :smile: can't decide whether to put itas my firm yet!
Reply 23
I received an unconditional offer to study Law with History! I think Bangor is my number 1 choice!
I got a conditional for Chinese and French.
However I got an offer from a russell group which I didn't expect and the course is sooo good but I really loved looking around Bangor so idk what i'm going to do yet
Original post by niamh.savill
I got a conditional for Chinese and French.
However I got an offer from a russell group which I didn't expect and the course is sooo good but I really loved looking around Bangor so idk what i'm going to do yet

I am exactly in the same situation as youu!! Ahh its so hard
The russel group unis I got an offer from was liverpool and Edinburgh, wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sarah1001
I am exactly in the same situation as youu!! Ahh its so hard
The russel group unis I got an offer from was liverpool and Edinburgh, wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Newcastle.
I applied to Manchester too but i haven't heard back yet.
Original post by jessicaac
I will do,if not I'll make one

I've been looking for a group chat too as I've already got my offer through deferred entry, have you made one?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Offer for English Lit here, firming it tomorrow!
Loved the uni so much on open and applicant days I've prioritised it over Oxford lol, such a great place to study it seems and so friendly, if anyone makes a group chat please let me know!
Original post by FrancescaS
Offer for English Lit here, firming it tomorrow!
Loved the uni so much on open and applicant days I've prioritised it over Oxford lol, such a great place to study it seems and so friendly, if anyone makes a group chat please let me know!

Hey, what other unis have you applied for and what are your predicted grades? Also what is your insurance choice?

Im debating whether to firm it or not, i feel like I would be at an advantage if I graduate from a russel group but i loveeeee bangor and the feel to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, what other unis have you applied for and what are your predicted grades? Also what is your insurance choice?

Im debating whether to firm it or not, i feel like I would be at an advantage if I graduate from a russel group but i loveeeee bangor and the feel to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My other unis are Manchester, Liverpool, Oxford and Lancaster with an unconditional from Lancaster and conditional from everywhere else.
My predicted grades are A*A*A :smile:

I dont know about my insurance, I might just put Lancaster down, because Bangor is the lowest of my requirements bar my unconditional which is only an unconditional if I firm it, so if I dont get Bangor which is my firm Im basically definitely screwed for all my others :P

I went through that debate too but I finally decided with Bangor. I was so torn between the status of Oxford / Lancaster / Manchester (because Bangor isnt as recognised) but at the end of the day a degree is a degree and you can get exactly the same if not better at other unis without all the prestige, and I think I'd be a lot happier at bangor and thats all that really matters :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
My other unis are Manchester, Liverpool, Oxford and Lancaster with an unconditional from Lancaster and conditional from everywhere else.
My predicted grades are A*A*A :smile:

I dont know about my insurance, I might just put Lancaster down, because Bangor is the lowest of my requirements bar my unconditional which is only an unconditional if I firm it, so if I dont get Bangor which is my firm Im basically definitely screwed for all my others :P

I went through that debate too but I finally decided with Bangor. I was so torn between the status of Oxford / Lancaster / Manchester (because Bangor isnt as recognised) but at the end of the day a degree is a degree and you can get exactly the same if not better at other unis without all the prestige, and I think I'd be a lot happier at bangor and thats all that really matters :smile:

Wow ive also applied to lancaster, liverpool &manchester :0 but what you said is acctually so truee i might just put bangor down as firm tbh because otherwise i would be in another university regretting not going to bangor for the next 3years :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow ive also applied to lancaster, liverpool &manchester :0 but what you said is acctually so truee i might just put bangor down as firm tbh because otherwise i would be in another university regretting not going to bangor for the next 3years :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem, and good luck whatever you do! What course are you hoping to do?
No problem, and good luck whatever you do! What course are you hoping to do?

Thanks, goodluck to you too :biggrin:
Accounting and finance, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, goodluck to you too :biggrin:
Accounting and finance, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds hard lol! English Literature :smile: If you decide to firm Bangor let me know, I'd love to keep in touch with as many people as possible lmao, because there's no group chat and all yet!
Sounds hard lol! English Literature :smile: If you decide to firm Bangor let me know, I'd love to keep in touch with as many people as possible lmao, because there's no group chat and all yet!

There is a group chat btw guys 😂

Will do! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by holly1798

Can you link it please :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by holly1798

Ah really?! Please can you link it / add me to it? :smile:
Reply 39
Hey there guys I got a Conditional offer for chemistry im looking to go to the applicant day this friday is anyone planning to go? also may I also get a link tp the group chat plss ☺😊

Quick Reply

Latest