The Student Room Group

AS level maths (OCR) non MEI

Hey guys!

Just wondering thoughts on the upcoming OCR AS maths exams. Im doing M1, with ofcourse C1,2.

Any predictions on difficulty? apparently last year was solid so...

Daas

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daas13
Hey guys!

Just wondering thoughts on the upcoming OCR AS maths exams. Im doing M1, with ofcourse C1,2.

Daas

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4645234

Here's the exam directory thread for this year, I see there's no non Mei exam threads yet.. I guess this is it :tongue:

Good luck for this!

The Maths forum is always around for posting your questions (with working!)
Reply 2
Original post by daas13
Hey guys!

Daas

How are you feeling for this years exam?
Reply 3
Original post by the*man
How are you feeling for this years exam?

Quite confident on C1 and C2, but dunno about m1, its really hard :frown:

How about you?
Reply 4
Original post by daas13
Quite confident on C1 and C2, but dunno about m1, its really hard :frown:

How about you?

Yeh same i find m1 the hardest too. How much revision have you done for c1/c2?
Reply 5
Original post by the*man
Yeh same i find m1 the hardest too. How much revision have you done for c1/c2?

Quite a bit, wbu?
Reply 6
Original post by daas13
Quite a bit, wbu?

I have done notes and a few past papers, need to do a bit more though. What are you aiming to get?
Original post by daas13
Hey guys!

Daas

You're doing M1? You got a lucky escape from S1 then, let me tell you.

C1 exam last year I heard was one b*tch of an exam. So I'm a little wary on that. But overall it feels pretty easy?
C2 seems okay. I was a little rocky with it, but getting there. Pretty decent exam too.

But S1...S1. S bloody 1. Don't get me started on the sheer horror and terror that is Statistics. It's extremely hard, very uninteresting and lacks usefulness. S1 makes me aggressive..

Anyhow...enjoy your M1...
Reply 8
Original post by ZiggyStarDust_

C1 exam last year I heard was one b*tch of an exam. So I'm a little wary on that. But overall it feels pretty easy?
C2 seems okay. I was a little rocky with it, but getting there. Pretty decent exam too.

But S1...S1. S bloody 1. Don't get me started on the sheer horror and terror that is Statistics. It's extremely hard, very uninteresting and lacks usefulness. S1 makes me aggressive..

Goodness, lol.

Some love the applied modules and some hate em, i personally hate them. But i rather be doing s1 since alot of questions can be checked, whereas one feels completely un-confident doing an m1 paper, atleast thats what i think

I wonder if last years c1 paper was hard, would this years be easy....hmmm.. :l
Reply 9

But i agree, stats looks so tedious lol
Reply 10

Are you doing the c1/ c2 exam this year.
Reply 11
Original post by the*man
I have done notes and a few past papers, need to do a bit more though. What are you aiming to get?

I need to get a decent A because i want to go to Oxford for uni, so i need to be predicted an A*

I thought I was the only one who thought S1 was hard omd. :colondollar: Its trash.
Original post by daas13
Goodness, lol.

Some love the applied modules and some hate em, i personally hate them. But i rather be doing s1 since alot of questions can be checked, whereas one feels completely un-confident doing an m1 paper, atleast thats what i think

I wonder if last years c1 paper was hard, would this years be easy....hmmm.. :l

AH, well I haven't done M1 so I guess I can't really make a judgement on it. I don't know though, it sounds more useful than Stats?

Anyhow, good luck for the exams!!
Original post by the*man
Are you doing the c1/ c2 exam this year.

Yep!
Original post by daas13
But i agree, stats looks so tedious lol

oh god it is. what grades are u aiming for?
Original post by MajorFader
I thought I was the only one who thought S1 was hard omd. :colondollar: Its trash.

haha, it really is!

It's the permutations & Combinations stuff that makes me want to punch a wall. Really hard.

What are you aiming for in your S1?
Reply 17
Yep!

Are You prepared?
Reply 18
oh god it is. what grades are u aiming for?

A high A, so im predicted an A* next year. Wbu?
Reply 19
AH, well I haven't done M1 so I guess I can't really make a judgement on it. I don't know though, it sounds more useful than Stats?

Anyhow, good luck for the exams!!

Believe me, its really not. Stats is very very useful in terms of probability and taxes, money handling, etc etc... mechanics is useless as it is the raw basics

Quick Reply

Latest