The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria Degree classifications rounding up

I've just been confirmed that in my degree, without my final module grade which I've not received yet I have got 69.6 percent.
What, if I don't get higher in the last grade am I likely to get. Will I be rounded to a first?
I've been told it may happen as Northumbria round up final degrees but I'm not sure.
Has this happened to anyone and what happened in the end?
Original post by Hollie168
I've just been confirmed that in my degree, without my final module grade which I've not received yet I have got 69.6 percent.
What, if I don't get higher in the last grade am I likely to get. Will I be rounded to a first?
I've been told it may happen as Northumbria round up final degrees but I'm not sure.
Has this happened to anyone and what happened in the end?

Likely. I think they will but check the rules which should be online or available from the department.
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Likely. I think they will but check the rules which should be online or available from the department.

It states on the handbook that borderline grades (67/68/69) need to achieve firsts in half of the graded credits (3/6 modules). I only have a first in two, which is worrying. I'm hoping however due to my boundary grade being higher this will be discounted. Thanks for getting back to me quick 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending